Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Graphic problems when playing games

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 lottylee

lottylee

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 AM

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:50 AM

I have an old emachine running XP for my 5 yr grandson to use so he didn't ruin mine.  I've noticed that when he goes to certain sites, the graphics are bad.  Like trying to watch some videos, there will be a row of thin, horizontal lines going diagonally across the entire screen.  I recently bought Crazy Machines for him to play.  I knew we were in trouble.  As the ad screens appeared, the logos would be cut in half and jump around the screen.  When he got to the actual game, the screen was a mess of jumping geometric figures and blinking objects.  I tried running Windows update to make sure everything is updated on this computer.  That didn't help.  I've tried messing with my display settings a little but nothing helped.  We have other games with simpler graphics that play just fine.  I'm not a gamer so I'm lost.Attached File  DxDiag.txt   42.59KB   1 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Keithuk

Keithuk

• Members
  • 960 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 AM

Posted 11 May 2013 - 12:03 PM

It appears that Crazy Machines installs Nvidia Pyhsx check in Add/Remove to see if its installed. If not uninstall and reinstall this game. Do you have the latest graphics drivers?

Keith

Windows ME (spare computer)
Windows XP 2002 Professional SP3 (desktop computer)
Windows 7 Professional SP1 32bit (laptop computer)

Windows 8 64bit spare drive for laptop computer

#3 lottylee

lottylee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 AM

Posted 11 May 2013 - 12:15 PM

Tech support had me get Nvidia Pyhsx online.  Did nothing.  They then suggested I update my drivers which should have been done when I did the Windows update.  I tried again and the Nvidia site said I had the latest updates to Nvidia.  Is there anything else that needs updates that Windows wouldn't cover?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users