Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop wireless keeps disconnecting, reconnecting every few seconds

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sultansam

sultansam

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 AM

Posted 10 May 2013 - 04:37 AM

All right, this is extremely frustrating. I have an Asus G75vw laptop. I've had it for a almost a year now and it hasn't given me any problems til about 2 days ago. While connected to my router, every time I attempt t open a new page in chrome, or refresh a page, or watch a video it just disconnects for about 5-20 seconds (varies) and comes back. This happens every 5-30 seconds. My wireless card is an Atheros ar9485wb-eg. Running windows 7 64 bit. Windows update is automatic. I also have AVG 2013 as my antivirus and it hasn't given me problems in the past.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers. I've restored my computer to earlier dates. I've uninstalled (then reinstalled) my antivirus. I've reset my router to factory settings. YES I tried changing the power management settings on device manager as well as my battery to max performance. I've really exhausted every thing and it's really frustrating. Any idea here? When it disconnects the wireless icon gives the red x and then it comes back.

Edited by sultansam, 10 May 2013 - 04:56 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:35 AM

Posted 11 May 2013 - 02:30 AM

Hi sultansam and :welcome: to Bleepingcomputer.

When it disconnects the wireless icon gives the red x and then it comes back.

Can you try opening the panel where the card is located and see if you can reseat, clean a bit the gold contacts? Make sure to remember the correct wire connections before removing them. A quick check would probably be using a USB wireless adapter but let's see if the former suggestion would help. Do you have other computers connected also in this network that does not experience this problem?

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users