Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Toshiba laptop L755- battery not detected

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mp1956

mp1956

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:03 AM

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:18 AM

I left my laptop plugged in for an extended period of time and when i tried to power it on it would not turn on. I got it started with ac plugged in. The battery said not charging so i replaced the battery. Same thing. I uninstalled the driver and not it says battery not detected. I have to use the ac adapter to get laptop to turn on.

Any ideas out there? Not  tech savvy here so hope this is not too in depth

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mp1956

mp1956
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:03 AM

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:20 AM

Did i not supply enough information to get any help with the battery or lack therof? What would cause the laptop not to recognize the battery? May i get some help please?

#3 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,301 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:03 AM

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:06 PM

I was hoping that someone with greater technical knowledge of laptop circuitry than I have would reply to this, but . . .

Typically, you get about 19 or 20 V DC out of your mains charger unit, which normally connects through a plug arrangement to the motherboard. On the motherboard there is some circuitry which sends this voltage to charge the battery and a regulator circuit to allow the computer to run off this 19 - 20 V supply. Again, typically the computer runs at about 15 - 16 V  - the battery ouptut voltage.

It sounds to me that the connection between the socket on the case and the battery input is broken somehow. This would explain why you are able to run the laptop plugged into the mains, but get nothing out of the battery. The battery isn't charging.

If you come back with the make and model of laptop, someone else may be able to give you a more definite answer as to whether or not this is readily fixable, but at least it still works off the charger. Inconvenient, but better than nothing.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users