Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Shockwave Flash

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 csigsrfan

csigsrfan

• Members
  • 184 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 PM

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:15 PM

Does any1 know how to stop Shockwave flash from crashing? I have uninstalled both Flash and my browser (Chrome), installed both from a fresh download, and scanned my computer (come up clean). Everything is updated

This happen on both XP and 7

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 AM

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:18 AM

Please try the suggestion from this link if not done already and see if it helps.

Tekken

#3 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:19 AM

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:42 AM

If you still have problems with the given link, have you tried another browser like Internet Explorer ?

Chrome has some problems that can be overcome by using I.E. for a while.

You may have better luck with a download to I.E. first -

P.S. What do you mean by "This happen on both XP and 7", are you using Dual Boot ?

#4 csigsrfan

csigsrfan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 184 posts
  •  

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:30 PM

I have two different computer I use one is a desktop(XP) and one is a laptop (7). I do not use IE as I have had problems with it one the XP which is the one I use mainly. And I have tried that fix in that link

#5 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:46 PM

I will agree that there is a problem with FlashPlayer, and also with Shockwave both from Adobe.

This problem has existed in several ways from about mid February till now. I also had problems -

My problems were on my Win7, and it took a few days to slowly repair the problem.

The only solution was to fully uninstall both of these and reinstall over a length of time, and slowly update from there.

Internet Explorer is a very good browser, it is just that most people will not spend 5 minutes to make it fully secure. It is all I ever use.

Do you have all Windows Updates currently installed, and can you please check this -

Thank You -

#6 csigsrfan

csigsrfan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 184 posts
  •  

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:50 PM

All Winows updates are installed. And my IE problem is that t freezes my computer so bad that I have to do a hard restart. I used and IE until it started that

#7 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 AM

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:05 PM

Try this next http://www.howtogeek.com/135300/how-to-troubleshoot-google-chrome-crashes/

Also, please double check your current video/audio drivers if it is not having compatibility issues online from previous threads. Try disabling or removing also any Adblockers. Scroll down also from this link for more information.

Tekken

#8 csigsrfan

csigsrfan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 184 posts
  •  

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:52 PM

This happens randomly. I can play a video and it work just fie go do something else go back to the video and crash

#9 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:44 PM

Hi -

I have managed to settle mine down now, and found a small video clip on it (sorry no link as I lost it).

There seems to be an item called "ActiveX Filtering" that is causing many of these problems.

Check your browser address bar when you type, or search any program / site, etc.

Look for a Blue Circle with a line @ 45degrees across it - Click on this circle and it will stay, but it should turn Grey.

You have now disabled ActiveX Filtering on that site.

From what I have been reading, it is like Compatibility Settings was in earlier Internet Explorer versions - 

My wife was having problems with Adobe always asking for updates on Facebook games, and I found this cured the problem 100% on I.E. -

P.S. There is no Shockwave flash , these are 2 separate programs from Adobe - FlashPlayer and Shockwave -

Thank You -

EDIT -

This is only in the current versions, and even if you have updated Adobe programs it will still occur -

If you would like me to check your versions - Download Security Check by Screen317 from Here
* Save it to your Desktop.
* Double-click SecurityCheck.exe
* Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
* A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.
Note: If a security program requests permission to access the Internet, allow it to do so.

Thank You -

Edited by noknojon, 09 May 2013 - 09:57 PM.

#10 csigsrfan

csigsrfan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 184 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:43 AM

Then why am I getting the error Shockwave Flash has crashed. Next time it does it I will take a screen shoot of it 

#11 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:53 AM

How To Fix Shockwave Flash Crashes in Google Chrome was the only topic I could find when I Googled it.
This must be a Chrome Specific problem, and not an Adode Shockwave and Flash Player issue as I thought -

Reset your Chrome browser, but save any bookmarked programs or they will be lost -

#12 csigsrfan

csigsrfan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 184 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:55 PM

I have tried that fix and still have this error

#13 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:11 PM

Well, it seems that this is very Chrome Edition specific -

The following plugin has crashed: Shockwave Flash
Shockwave Flash Plugin Crashes in Google Chrome - Solution
fix Shockwave Flash Crash

From Giant Bomb Forum -

Yeah that's the buggy release of Chrome / the plugin then, looks like those running the beta version of Chrome have already had it fixed because that's exactly what was happening to me.

Un / Re install your version of Chrome - This was the final solution if you wish to keep using Chrome.

Otherwise revert back to Internet Explorer and check the settings for the browser, and that will also solve it -

Thank You -

#14 csigsrfan

csigsrfan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 184 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:05 PM

I am not going back to IE

And I have reinstall Chrome

I will just deal with the issue

#15 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:13 PM

Thank You -

We are all allowed our own personal opinions on these subjects -

Just be sure to keep Windows Updates installed when they are released monthly, as many do forget they use a M/soft Windows system -

Good Luck with this, and I do hope you can solve it -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users