Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Recovery Partition is full and showing messages to reduce size.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JazzMahn

JazzMahn

• Members
  • 400 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:14 PM

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:56 PM

I have a friend that is running a Dell Inspiron with 4 gigs of RAM.  There is a recovery partition built into the computer and has for the longest time had balloon pop ups saying that the partition is full.  The graphic in my computer does show that it is completely full.

Is there any way to reduce the size of this restoration partition?  I would sure appreciate any and all ideas someone might have on this.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:44 AM

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:15 AM

Hi

Move any personal data you (actually your friend) stored in the recovery partition to another partition or external media. Don't delete anything other.Recovery partition is so important. If it get corrupted you won't be able to restore the OS. Since it is a Dell system, look for a program named "Dell Data sfae local backup". Open that and you will see an option to burn recovery media. Burn the DVD set and keep it air sealed. 

Edited by Anshad Edavana, 09 May 2013 - 03:16 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users