Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Very Strange DE01GK Message error

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Jove

Jove

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:35 PM

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:55 PM

Yesterday my land line that my dial up connection uses kept being busy I tried another alternate IPS that was busy, . .

I plugged in my Phone and any number I called was busy.

It cam back on this morning, but, . . .

It happened again, on the PC then I went to the land line phone and dial tone but did not ring number.

I went to my cell to call that number it was a PC repair and I am getting a DE01GK message error

recording, . . .

saying to try the call again it can not be completed

I internet searched it but nothing is there, . . .

My ISP Connection is shifting between 28.8 and 36 Kbs but mostly 28.8

Whats going on ? Anybody know, . . .I'm getting a little paranoid !!

Edited by Jove, 08 May 2013 - 04:58 PM.

When you don't have to worry about your computer anymore, you can start
living again !

vrwqzc.gif
Success is a result, not a goal. . . . Flaubert

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,549 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 PM

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:11 PM

Sounds like land line trouble. Either in the telecom switch or on the lines to your location.

Call your land line provider and have them run a diagnostic check on your land line. Someone from the telecom provider could have been working in the area temporarily, and disrupted service for a short window of time.

Also when you call for testing you can ask them to translate what that error message means in laymans terms.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 Jove

Jove
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:27 PM

Yesterday my land line that my dial up connection uses kept being busy I tried another alternate IPS that was busy, . .

I plugged in my Phone and any number I called was busy.

It cam back on this morning, but, . . .

It happened again, on the PC then I went to the land line phone and dial tone but did not ring number.

I went to my cell to call that number it was a PC repair and I am getting a DE01GK message error

recording, . . .

saying to try the call again it can not be completed

I internet searched it but nothing is there, . . .

My ISP Connection is shifting between 28.8 and 36 Kbs but mostly 28.8

Whats going on ? Anybody know, . . .I'm getting a little paranoid !!

I am talking both Land Line and Cell Phone problem at the say minute today, . .but last night I call repair they can't get here till the 13th, . and they ran a check and told me they could not find the problem, . . .

however I plugged the phone into the house box and got the busy signal there so its not in my work shop

Leaving me with three options, two go like this, enemy of freedom, or cell phone is going haywire, and jumbleing up something

the third is unknown.

Also, don't you think there should be a standard code definition for DE01GK ?

Edited by Jove, 08 May 2013 - 05:31 PM.

living again !

vrwqzc.gif

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,549 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:49 PM

A busy signal indicates there is a 'loop' meaning that something is creating an off hook condition. Be it at the switch or anywhere from the carrier switch all the way to the physical instrument you communicate with and any 'extensions' of that line.

No each telco provider has their own codes. What one carrier uses is not necessarily used by anyone else. Some more common ones maybe, but it's not a guarantee.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

#5 Jove

Jove
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:51 PM

I see but the connection to the PC and later used by the telephone transmitted the busy signal

then the outside box did the same, so, . . .it is out of my technical use and in theirs,

yet they are not able to detect the problem, that to me is a flaw in 21st century capabilities.

Ok thanks for your time and efforts Animal

So no comment on ;

My ISP Connection is shifting between 28.8 and 36 Kbs but mostly 28.8 ?

Edited by Jove, 08 May 2013 - 08:52 PM.

living again !

vrwqzc.gif

#6 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,549 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:48 PM

Since each call to a telco switch never hits the same exact port twice with the same signal strength. Plus add the distance of copper and temperature of that copper at any given time day or night and you have signal variables. I don't know how old or sensitive to signal strength your modem is. Nor am I familiar with the quality of wiring in your location which also affect dialup performance quality.

So in short it would be impossible for me to comment with any certainty on your dialup connection service levels.

Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users