Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

External Drive not accessible

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bslevin

bslevin

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 PM

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:22 PM

Hello,

I have 5 computers on my network, 1 windows 7, 1 vista, and 3 XP.

On the Vista machine I have 5 3TB WD USB External HD's

I have all the drives mounted on every machine and never had a problem accessing them ever. Recently I formatted one of the drives and now I cannot access it anymore. The drive is shared correctly just like all the others.

I have unshared and reshared the drive and still nothing. If I attempt to access it from any of the machines I get the same thing, drive is not accessible.

Any ideas what may have happened?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RecklessX

RecklessX

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:10 PM

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:14 PM

From the Windows Vista machine it is not accessible?

#3 bslevin

bslevin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:45 PM

I can see it and use it fine from the vista machine.. I also have TVercity Media server running and my TV plays things off of that drive absolutely fine, but I cannot access it from any other computer but the vista. Also all the other 4 drives, which are the same drives all are mounted and work fine from every computer.

#4 bslevin

bslevin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2013 - 04:08 PM

Anyone have any ideas?, still can't access this drive from any computer on the network except for the one it is connected to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users