Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer loads fine then runs really slow for 5-10 minutes.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ZAKK

ZAKK

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 PM

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:17 AM

Hi there, I've been hooked on a game recently and been doing the same thing every time I turn my computer on for the past couple of months.  Only just the past couple of days something weird has been happening.  Upon starting up my computer, it'll load everything fine as usual.  Though, after about 5 minutes things seem to slow way down.  Whenever I click on something (Google Chrome, Start button, New tab, My game etc) The screen seems to freeze for about 5-10 seconds, then proceeds to load.  Sometimes it'll load fine or it'll be extremely slow until the process is complete.  After about 5-10 minutes everything returns to normal.

For months now, as soon as my PC starts up, i've been loading the task manager and terminating some processes (nothing important) to save them from opening up and clogging CPU.  Just things like AOL, MyTomTom (GPS programme), Webcam process, Windows Live Messenger etc.  

I've restored my computer back a couple of weeks and ran a scan, though the problem still persists.  It's nothing major, it's just extremely frustrating.

I've tried numerous online searches aswell, though I'm having no luck finding anyone with the same problem.

Any thoughts? 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 chrisd87

chrisd87

• Members
  • 811 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 AM

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:55 AM

Have you went to the msconfig and under the startup tab, disabled the programs from starting with your computer at startup? This may fix your situation of having the programs default to start with your pc.

"Like car accidents, most hardware problems are due to driver ɹoɹɹǝ."

#3 ZAKK

ZAKK
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 PM

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:13 PM

No I haven't, though I don't think that's the problem.  I've had this PC since christmas and terminated those processes from the beginning.  It's basically woven into my routine now, I do it without even thinking about it really.  I've been doing that too long for it all of a sudden to just causing problems I think.  Though I'll look into it.

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,905 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 AM

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:12 PM

Slow Computer/Browser? Check here first; it may not be malware

This topic also includes a section on identifying/disabling startups with a startup manager.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users