Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

adding more silence between songs on a ripped playlist

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 quo

quo

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:17 PM

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:38 AM

Hi All,

Have compiled a digital ripped playlist, using WMP, from my CD collection based on an OOP vinyl-only release.

Is it at all possible to add more silence between two of the ripped songs in particular?

If so, how?

I ask because, on the vinyl-only release, there is more silence between said particular songs as there is a change of pace. On the digital ripped playlist this silence is markedly shorter and really does unsettle the pacing to the point where it's distracting and disappointing.

All the songs are available for download but not in non-lossy format, AFAIK. The ripped playlist is for personal enjoyment only - for the memories.

Thank-you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Dacar92

Dacar92

• Members
  • 232 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 AM

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:02 PM

Hi,  If you use Audacity you can edit tracks to add silence at the end of tracks or even at the beginning of one, too.  Here is the main manual but here is the menu I think you are looking for. 

Hope this helps.

What's the point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes? -- The Doctor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users