Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot access a forum site (advice needed?)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bluesjunior

bluesjunior

• Members
  • 761 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 PM

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:35 PM

I am a daily visitor to a forum site and have been for at least two years. Yesterday I clicked on my bookmark for the site and got some kind of a search screen with the following message on it (see below). Because I am at present suspicious of it and until I find out what it means I haven't clicked on the "Click Here" in the link. I did a check on the "Is It Down Right Now"  website and apparently the site up and appears to be only down for me. I also cannot find any mention of them having problems online. It is the only one of my bookmarked links affected in this way so thinking it may be malicious I scanned with SAS and Malwarebytes which both came up clean. I use Comodo CIS and also did an AV scan which was also clean. I have done a google search for the site in question but get the same message page on every link. Can anyone tell me what this is and how to solve it that I may visit one of my favorite sites again?.

This domain name expired on Dec 01 2013 08:07PM
Click here to renew it.

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3, CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 450 Processor, Memory: OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz,Graphics: PowerColor HD 5750 1GB GDDR5,
PSU: Corsair 430W CX PSU 4x SATA 1x PCI-E, Hard Drive:Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 16MB Cache.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,720 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:50 AM

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:59 AM

Without knowing the original site URL we can't compare it to the information in the link about the domain being expired. At this point you have more information than we do, for validation purposes.

If you want to verify if the site registration has actually expired, check here: http://whois.net/

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 anyrepli

anyrepli

• Members
  • 160 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 AM

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:18 PM

I also find it very odd that you did not provide the URL in question. So, without that information, I'm guessing you have been banned for reasons unknown.

Edited by anyrepli, 08 May 2013 - 12:18 PM.

#4 chrisd87

chrisd87

• Members
  • 811 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 AM

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:43 PM

Try to open the website using a free vpn such as hotspot-shield or something similar. Then open up the website using the vpn and if it loads successfully for you, then more than likely you've been ip banned on the website.

"Like car accidents, most hardware problems are due to driver ɹoɹɹǝ."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users