Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't print two-sided

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 RAPHelp

RAPHelp

• Members
  • 171 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 PM

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:36 PM

Have an Epson NX530 connected wirelessly to my Windows 7 PC.  Can print two-sided but it only happens 1 out of 10 times, if I'm lucky.  For a year I was able to print two-sided but it stopped, and I attributed it to thinner paper (20 lb).  But I tried it with 28 lb and  still no two-sided. The hardware – rollers, etc. – in the printer may have deteriorated causing paper slippage.  I will be contacting Epson Support, so I'm trying to get the right words to use when I talk to them.

I'm sure one of the first things they'll asked is what version of the driver I'm using – so how do I find that (since the printer is wireless, it's not listed in the Device Manager)?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,299 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:02 PM

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:58 PM

Wireless or not...for the device to be recognized as part of the system...drivers would be required to be installed, just as they are for wireless Internet connections.

For GP...uninstalling/reinstalling the printer takes care of many problems.

If the problem lies within the printer functional status...that's a different matter.

Louis

#3 RAPHelp

RAPHelp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 171 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 PM

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:18 PM

Thank you, Hamluis, for the response.

Understand there has to be a driver, but how to find it?  I looked in the Device Manager and can't find a reference to the printer.

I fiddled with the various printer settings and have gotten the two-sided print to work, but don't understand why it worked for a year (settings weren't touched), then didn't work.

Since it does work now, this issue is resolved.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,299 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:02 PM

Posted 11 May 2013 - 03:28 PM

Printer drivers are installed...according to the directions provided by the maker of the printer.

Epson provided a CD with that printer...the drivers and other software on that CD were installed when the CD ran.

Drivers...and all other files on a computer....may become damaged at any time of the day, any day of the year.  When that happens, users only know about such when it creates a problem with the system performing in an optimal manner.  My guess would be...that your printer drivers have become damaged and need to be replaced by undamaged drivers from the CD.

With printers, that is usually done (IME) by uninstalling the printer, then reinstalling it.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users