Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojan is blocking all security procedures in win 7

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 geno368

geno368

• Members
  • 255 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:47 PM

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:23 PM

I am working on a Dell Inspiron 546 running Win 7 Prem.  It is infected with "internet security".  I cannot run any of my software from the OS to open services, msconfig, cmd, system restore, etc.  I cannot even boot in safe mode.  I have Malwarebytes and AVG installed but it blocks any attempt to run anything. I really don't want to re-format this since it is not my system, but a friend's. I do not see this program listed on your guides...

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_Francis Houle_*

Guest_Francis Houle_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:02 PM

How to start your computer by using the Last Known Good Configuration feature

To start your computer by using the Last Known Good Configuration feature, follow these steps:

1. Start your computer.
  2. When you see the "Please select the operating system to start" message, press the F8 key.
  3. When the Windows Advanced Options menu appears, use the ARROW keys to select Last Known Good Configuration (your most recent settings that worked), and then press ENTER.
  4. If you are running other operating systems on your computer, use the ARROW keys to select Microsoft Windows XP, and then press ENTER.
Troubleshooting

#3 geno368

geno368
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 255 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:15 PM

Thanks for the reply, but as I stated in my last post, the F8 key to get into those setting does not work

#4 Guest_Francis Houle_*

Guest_Francis Houle_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:04 PM

You'll have to diagnose your hard drive first

#5 geno368

geno368
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 255 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:47 PM

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:03 AM

I was finally able to get into safe mode and do a restore...

I don't know how to mark this thread as solved..

Edited by geno368, 08 May 2013 - 08:05 AM.

#6 Guest_Francis Houle_*

Guest_Francis Houle_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:48 PM

Good!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users