Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 white screen (here it is gringo)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
33 replies to this topic

#1 shane.dakan

shane.dakan

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 PM

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:16 PM

So, on my dad's laptop, running Windows 7, I removed the FBI ransom ware close to a month ago. He came to me last week saying that it was back. When he brought it to me, there was no longer the FBI page, it was a white screen after Windows finished logging in. When I shut the computer down, it would flash the complete desktop before actually logging off, but not long enough to do anything. I attempted to start the computer in Safe Mode, and in Safe Mode with Networking, but both of those attempts only led to the computer rebooting itself into Normal Mode. I have no idea what to do now. I know that Gringo has addressed this issue with others before, but all of those threads have specific warnings to not use those scripts on other computers as they were designed for use on that persons computer only. I would really appreciate help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gringo_pr

gringo_pr

Bleepin Gringo

• Malware Response Team
  • 136,772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 PM

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:23 PM

Hello shane.dakan

I would like to welcome you to the Malware Removal section of the forum.

Around here they call me Gringo and I will be glad to help you with your malware problems.

Very Important --> Please read this post completely, I have spent my time to put together somethings for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier, faster and smoother for both of us!

• Please do not run any tools unless instructed to do so.
    • We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.
  • Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.
    • Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post.
  • Please read every post completely before doing anything.
    • Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process.
  • Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.
    • A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.
NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the "Follow This Topic" Button, make sure that the "Receive notification" box is checked and that it is set to "Instantly" - This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster.

NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of heartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer.

NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.

For x32 (x86) bit systems download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to a flash drive.

For x64 bit systems download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool x64 and save it to a flash drive.

How to tell > 32 or 64 bit

Plug the flashdrive into the infected PC.

Enter System Recovery Options.

To enter System Recovery Options from the Advanced Boot Options:
  • Restart the computer.
  • As soon as the BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until Advanced Boot Options appears.
  • Use the arrow keys to select the Repair your computer menu item.
  • Select US as the keyboard language settings, and then click Next.
  • Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.
  • Select your user account an click Next.
To enter System Recovery Options by using Windows installation disc:
  • Insert the installation disc.
  • Restart your computer.
  • If prompted, press any key to start Windows from the installation disc. If your computer is not configured to start from a CD or DVD, check your BIOS settings.
  • Click Repair your computer.
  • Select US as the keyboard language settings, and then click Next.
  • Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.
  • Select your user account and click Next.
On the System Recovery Options menu you will get the following options:

• Startup Repair
      System Restore
      Windows Complete PC Restore
      Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool
      Command Prompt
  • Select Command Prompt
  • In the command window type in notepad and press Enter.
  • The notepad opens. Under File menu select Open.
  • Select "Computer" and find your flash drive letter and close the notepad.
  • In the command window type e:\frst64.exe or e:\frst.exe and press Enter
    Note: Replace letter e with the drive letter of your flash drive.
  • The tool will start to run.
  • When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • First Press the Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt)
  • Second Type the following in the edit box after "Search:". services.exe
  • Click the Search button
  • It will make a log (Search.txt)
I want you to poste Both the FRST.txt report and the Search.txt into your reply to me

Gringo
I Close My Topics If You Have Not Replied In 5 Days If You Will Be Longer Please Let Me Know

If I Have Not Replied To One Of My Topics In 48 Hrs Please Bump The Topic

My help is free, however, if you wish to make a small donation to show your appreciation or to help me continue the fight against Malware, then click here -->btn_donate_SM.gif<-- Don't worry every little bit helps.

Proud Graduate Of Malware Removal University

#3 shane.dakan

shane.dakan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:50 PM

Ok, this is a pretty decent list of things to do. I'll keep you posted as I get time to work on them. Thanks for the fast response.

#4 gringo_pr

gringo_pr

Bleepin Gringo

• Malware Response Team
  • 136,772 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:23 AM

I will be here for a while

gringo
I Close My Topics If You Have Not Replied In 5 Days If You Will Be Longer Please Let Me Know

My help is free, however, if you wish to make a small donation to show your appreciation or to help me continue the fight against Malware, then click here -->btn_donate_SM.gif<-- Don't worry every little bit helps.

#5 shane.dakan

shane.dakan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:59 AM

I meant over the next day or so :)

#6 gringo_pr

gringo_pr

Bleepin Gringo

• Malware Response Team
  • 136,772 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:06 PM

That is OK I will check in on you in a couple of days if I have not heard from you

gringo

#7 shane.dakan

shane.dakan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:22 PM

Ok, I tried to run the FRST and the response I got was "the subsystem needed to support the image type is not present" I'm not even sure what that means :(

#8 gringo_pr

gringo_pr

Bleepin Gringo

• Malware Response Team
  • 136,772 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:48 PM

are you using 32bit or 64bit and which is the computer

#9 shane.dakan

shane.dakan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:53 PM

I'm almost positive the computer is 32 bit so I used that one. That's what gave me that response. I tried the 64 bit just for giggles, no love there either.

#10 gringo_pr

gringo_pr

Bleepin Gringo

• Malware Response Team
  • 136,772 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:03 PM

Hi there for this you will need a USB of at least 1Gb

Download the following three programmes to your desktop :

1. WiNTBootIc
2. Windows 7 RC
3. Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

Extract wintoboot to your desktop
Insert a USB drive of at least 1GB
Run Wintoboot

wintoboot.JPG

Drag and drop the Windows 7 ISO to the programme in the space indicated
Tick the Format box and accept the warnings
Press Do It

You will see it progressing

usb%20progress.JPG

It will let you know when it is done
Then copy FRST to the same USB

frstwintoboot.JPG

Insert the USB into the sick computer and start the computer. First ensuring that the system is set to boot from USB
Note: If you are not sure how to do that follow the instructions Here

When you reboot you will see this although yours will say windows 7.
Click repair my computer
RepairVista_7275.jpg

Select your operating system
RepairVista_7277202.jpg

Select Command prompt
RepairVista_7277.jpg

At the command prompt type the following :

notepad and press Enter.
The notepad opens. Under File menu select Open.
Select "Computer" and find your flash drive letter and close the notepad.
In the command window type e:\frst.exe and press Enter
Note: Replace letter e with the drive letter of your flash drive.
The tool will start to run.
When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
FRST%20Start%20scan.gif
Press Scan button.
It will make a log (FRST.txt) on the flash drive. Please copy and paste it to your reply.

#11 shane.dakan

shane.dakan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:21 PM

Awesome. Thank you. I will work on this tomorrow and update you on the progress. I really appreciate your time on this.

#12 gringo_pr

gringo_pr

Bleepin Gringo

• Malware Response Team
  • 136,772 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:46 PM

No problem and I will look for you then

gringo

#13 shane.dakan

shane.dakan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:42 AM

I'm in the select your operating system, in the "System Recovery Options" window, and have Windows 7 selected. I click "next" and it says that "this version of System Recovery Options is not compatible with the version of windows you are trying to repair" 

Edit @ 9:50....I just bypassed that step and frst is now working.

Edited by shane.dakan, 09 May 2013 - 11:51 AM.

#14 shane.dakan

shane.dakan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:55 AM

Here's the report.

Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) (x86) Version: 08-05-2013
Ran by SYSTEM on 09-05-2013 09:53:08
Running from G:\
Windows 7 Home Premium (X86) OS Language: English(US)
Internet Explorer Version 9
Boot Mode: Recovery
The current controlset is ControlSet001
ATTENTION!:=====> FRST is updated to run from normal or Safe mode to produce a full FRST.txt log and Addition.txt log.

ATTENTION!:=====> THE OPERATING SYSTEM IS A X64 SYSTEM BUT THE BOOT DISK THAT IS USED TO BOOT TO RECOVERY ENVIRONMENT IS A X86 SYSTEM DISK.
==================== Registry (Whitelisted) ==================

HKLM\...\Run: [RtHDVCpl] C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RAVCpl64.exe -s [10134560 2010-04-06] (Realtek Semiconductor)
HKLM\...\Run: [Apoint] %ProgramFiles%\Apoint\Apoint.exe [226160 2010-07-29] (Alps Electric Co., Ltd.)
HKU\joseph\...\Run: [EPSON WorkForce 320 Series] C:\Windows\system32\spool\DRIVERS\x64\3\E_IATIGJA.EXE /FU "C:\Windows\TEMP\E_S483B.tmp" /EF "HKCU" [x]
HKU\joseph\...\Run: [SearchProtect] C:\Users\joseph\AppData\Roaming\SearchProtect\bin\cltmng.exe [ 2013-04-11] (Conduit)
HKU\joseph\...\Winlogon: [Shell] explorer.exe,C:\Users\joseph\AppData\Roaming\skype.dat <==== ATTENTION
Startup: C:\ProgramData\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\Bluetooth.lnk
ShortcutTarget: Bluetooth.lnk -> C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\BTTray.exe (Broadcom Corporation.)
Startup: C:\Users\joseph\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\AccuWeather.lnk
ShortcutTarget: AccuWeather.lnk -> C:\Program Files\AccuWeather.com Cirrus\AccuWeather.com Cirrus.exe (No File)
Startup: C:\Users\joseph\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\Epson all-in-one Registration.lnk
ShortcutTarget: Epson all-in-one Registration.lnk ->  (No File)

========================== Services (Whitelisted) =================

S2 ABBYY.Licensing.FineReader.Sprint.9.0; C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\ABBYY\FineReaderSprint\9.00\Licensing\NetworkLicenseServer.exe [759048 2009-05-14] (ABBYY)
S3 ACDaemon; C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\ArcSoft\Connection Service\Bin\ACService.exe [113152 2010-03-18] (ArcSoft Inc.)
S2 AdobeARMservice; C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\armsvc.exe [65192 2012-12-18] (Adobe Systems Incorporated)
S3 AdobeFlashPlayerUpdateSvc; C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe [256904 2013-04-22] (Adobe Systems Incorporated)
S2 Apple Mobile Device; C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe [57008 2012-12-21] (Apple Inc.)
S2 AVGIDSAgent; C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\AVG2012\AVGIDSAgent.exe [5265248 2011-09-12] (AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o.)
S2 avgwd; C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\AVG2012\avgwdsvc.exe [192776 2011-08-02] (AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o.)
S2 BingDesktopUpdate; C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\BingDesktop\BingDesktopUpdater.exe [168592 2013-04-10] (Microsoft Corp.)
S4 clr_optimization_v2.0.50727_64; C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\mscorsvw.exe [89920 2009-06-10] (Microsoft Corporation)
S2 clr_optimization_v4.0.30319_64; C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\mscorsvw.exe [138576 2010-03-18] (Microsoft Corporation)
S2 CltMngSvc; C:\Program Files (x86)\SearchProtect\bin\CltMngSvc.exe [93984 2013-03-06] (Conduit)
S2 cvhsvc; C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Virtualization Handler\CVHSVC.EXE [822624 2012-01-04] (Microsoft Corporation)
S2 EpsonBidirectionalService; C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\EPSON\EBAPI\eEBSVC.exe [94208 2006-12-19] (SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION)
S2 EPSON_EB_RPCV4_04; C:\Program Files\Common Files\EPSON\EPW!3 SSRP\E_S50STB.EXE [166400 2009-09-14] (SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION)
S2 EPSON_PM_RPCV4_04; C:\Program Files\Common Files\EPSON\EPW!3 SSRP\E_S50RPB.EXE [128512 2009-09-14] (SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION)
S3 FontCache3.0.0.0; C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\Framework64\v3.0\WPF\PresentationFontCache.exe [42856 2010-11-04] (Microsoft Corporation)
S3 fsssvc; C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Family Safety\fsssvc.exe [1492840 2011-05-13] (Microsoft Corporation)
S2 gupdate; C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe [136176 2010-08-18] (Google Inc.)
S3 gupdatem; C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe [136176 2010-08-18] (Google Inc.)
S3 gusvc; C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe [194032 2012-09-17] (Google)
S3 idsvc; C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v3.0\Windows Communication Foundation\infocard.exe [856400 2010-11-04] (Microsoft Corporation)
S4 NetTcpPortSharing; C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v3.0\Windows Communication Foundation\SMSvcHost.exe [116560 2009-06-10] (Microsoft Corporation)
S2 NIS; C:\Program Files (x86)\Norton Internet Security\Engine\18.7.2.3\diMaster.dll [262584 2011-03-31] (Symantec Corporation)
S2 Oasis2Service; C:\Program Files (x86)\DDNi\Oasis2Service 1.0\Oasis2Service.exe [47616 2011-03-14] ()
S3 ose; C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Source Engine\OSE.EXE [149352 2010-01-09] (Microsoft Corporation)
S3 PerfHost; C:\Windows\SysWow64\perfhost.exe [20992 2009-07-13] (Microsoft Corporation)
S2 PMBDeviceInfoProvider; C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony\PMB\PMBDeviceInfoProvider.exe [360224 2009-10-24] (Sony Corporation)
S2 SampleCollector; C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Care\VCPerfService.exe [259192 2011-01-29] (Sony Corporation)
S2 sftlist; C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Application Virtualization Client\sftlist.exe [508776 2011-10-01] (Microsoft Corporation)
S3 sftvsa; C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Application Virtualization Client\sftvsa.exe [219496 2011-10-01] (Microsoft Corporation)
S2 SkypeUpdate; C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Updater\Updater.exe [160944 2012-07-13] (Skype Technologies)
S3 SOHCImp; C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Sony Shared\SOHLib\SOHCImp.exe [108400 2010-02-24] (Sony Corporation)
S3 SOHDms; C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Sony Shared\SOHLib\SOHDms.exe [422768 2010-02-24] (Sony Corporation)
S3 SOHDs; C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Sony Shared\SOHLib\SOHDs.exe [67952 2010-02-24] (Sony Corporation)
S3 SpfService; C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\VAIO Entertainment Platform\SPF\SpfService.exe [302448 2010-02-08] (Sony Corporation)
S3 VAIO Entertainment TV Device Arbitration Service; C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Sony Shared\VAIO Entertainment Platform\VzHardwareResourceManager\VzHardwareResourceManager\VzHardwareResourceManager.exe [69632 2010-04-08] (Sony Corporation)
S2 VAIO Event Service; C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony\VAIO Event Service\VESMgr.exe [217968 2010-05-14] (Sony Corporation)
S2 VCFw; C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Sony Shared\VAIO Content Folder Watcher\VCFw.exe [852336 2010-03-18] (Sony Corporation)
S2 VcmIAlzMgr; C:\Program Files\Sony\VCM Intelligent Analyzing Manager\VcmIAlzMgr.exe [529776 2010-02-19] (Sony Corporation)
S2 VcmINSMgr; C:\Program Files\Sony\VCM Intelligent Network Service Manager\VcmINSMgr.exe [386416 2010-02-19] (Sony Corporation)
S3 VcmXmlIfHelper; C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\VcmXml\VcmXmlIfHelper64.exe [115568 2010-02-19] (Sony Corporation)
S3 VCService; C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Care\VCService.exe [44736 2011-02-14] (Sony Corporation)
S2 vseamps; C:\Program Files\Common Files\Authentium\AntiVirus5\vseamps.exe [149544 2010-04-08] (Authentium, Inc)
S2 vsedsps; C:\Program Files\Common Files\Authentium\AntiVirus5\vsedsps.exe [148008 2010-04-08] (Authentium, Inc)
S2 vseqrts; C:\Program Files\Common Files\Authentium\AntiVirus5\vseqrts.exe [205352 2010-04-08] (Authentium, Inc)
S3 VUAgent; C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Update Common\VUAgent.exe [1429608 2011-09-23] (Sony Corporation)

==================== Drivers (Whitelisted) ====================

S3 amdkmdag; C:\Windows\System32\DRIVERS\atipmdag.sys [6402560 2010-07-06] (ATI Technologies Inc.)
S0 amd_sata; C:\Windows\System32\drivers\amd_sata.sys [73856 2010-06-30] (Advanced Micro Devices)
S0 amd_xata; C:\Windows\System32\drivers\amd_xata.sys [28800 2010-06-30] (Advanced Micro Devices)
S3 athr; C:\Windows\System32\DRIVERS\athrx.sys [1550848 2010-03-08] (Atheros Communications, Inc.)
S3 b06bdrv; C:\Windows\system32\drivers\bxvbda.sys [468480 2009-06-10] (Broadcom Corporation)
S3 b57nd60a; C:\Windows\System32\DRIVERS\b57nd60a.sys [270848 2009-06-10] (Broadcom Corporation)
S1 BHDrvx64; C:\ProgramData\Norton\{0C55C096-0F1D-4F28-AAA2-85EF591126E7}\NIS_18.0.0.128\Definitions\BASHDefs\20110701.001\BHDrvx64.sys [1143416 2011-05-19] (Symantec Corporation)
S3 ebdrv; C:\Windows\system32\drivers\evbda.sys [3286016 2009-06-10] (Broadcom Corporation)
S1 eeCtrl; C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Symantec Shared\EENGINE\eeCtrl64.sys [481912 2011-06-11] (Symantec Corporation)
S3 EraserUtilRebootDrv; C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Symantec Shared\EENGINE\EraserUtilRebootDrv.sys [136824 2011-06-11] (Symantec Corporation)
S1 IDSVia64; C:\ProgramData\Norton\{0C55C096-0F1D-4F28-AAA2-85EF591126E7}\NIS_18.0.0.128\Definitions\IPSDefs\20110712.033\IDSvia64.sys [488056 2011-07-07] (Symantec Corporation)
S3 IntcAzAudAddService; C:\Windows\System32\drivers\RTKVHD64.sys [2298400 2010-04-06] (Realtek Semiconductor Corp.)
S3 ksthunk; C:\Windows\system32\drivers\ksthunk.sys [20992 2009-07-13] (Microsoft Corporation)
S3 NAVENG; C:\ProgramData\Norton\{0C55C096-0F1D-4F28-AAA2-85EF591126E7}\NIS_18.0.0.128\Definitions\VirusDefs\20110712.002\ENG64.SYS [117880 2011-06-11] (Symantec Corporation)
S3 NAVEX15; C:\ProgramData\Norton\{0C55C096-0F1D-4F28-AAA2-85EF591126E7}\NIS_18.0.0.128\Definitions\VirusDefs\20110712.002\EX64.SYS [2011768 2011-06-11] (Symantec Corporation)
S0 PxHlpa64; C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\PxHlpa64.sys [55280 2009-07-09] (Sonic Solutions)
S3 RTHDMIAzAudService; C:\Windows\System32\drivers\RtHDMIVX.sys [231328 2010-03-08] (Realtek Semiconductor Corp.)
S3 RTL8167; C:\Windows\System32\DRIVERS\Rt64win7.sys [346144 2010-04-06] (Realtek                                            )
S3 SRTSP; C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\NISx64\1207020.003\SRTSP64.SYS [744568 2011-03-30] (Symantec Corporation)
S1 SRTSPX; C:\Windows\system32\drivers\NISx64\1207020.003\SRTSPX64.SYS [40568 2011-03-30] (Symantec Corporation)
S0 SymDS; C:\Windows\System32\drivers\NISx64\1207020.003\SYMDS64.SYS [450680 2011-01-26] (Symantec Corporation)
S0 SymEFA; C:\Windows\System32\drivers\NISx64\1207020.003\SYMEFA64.SYS [912504 2011-03-14] (Symantec Corporation)
S3 SymEvent; C:\Windows\system32\Drivers\SYMEVENT64x86.SYS [174200 2011-06-12] (Symantec Corporation)
S1 SymIRON; C:\Windows\system32\drivers\NISx64\1207020.003\Ironx64.SYS [171128 2011-01-26] (Symantec Corporation)
S1 SymNetS; C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\NISx64\1207020.003\SYMNETS.SYS [386168 2011-04-20] (Symantec Corporation)
S3 USBAAPL64; C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\usbaapl64.sys [54784 2012-12-13] (Apple, Inc.)
S2 IAStorDataMgrSvc;
S2 MSSQL$DDNI;

==================== NetSvcs (Whitelisted) ===================

==================== One Month Created Files and Folders ========

2013-05-09 09:52 - 2013-05-09 09:52 - 00000000 ____D C:\FRST
2013-04-25 13:47 - 2013-05-09 08:31 - 00000004 ____A C:\Users\joseph\AppData\Roaming\skype.ini
2013-04-25 13:20 - 2013-04-12 06:45 - 01656680 ____A (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\ntfs.sys
2013-04-22 15:37 - 2013-04-22 15:37 - 00000000 ____D C:\Users\joseph\AppData\Local\{368E97EB-570B-4F12-935D-7C9A4A4515FB}
2013-04-22 13:52 - 2013-04-22 13:52 - 02302927 ____A C:\Users\joseph\Downloads\Redemption Code failure.zip
2013-04-22 13:34 - 2013-04-22 13:34 - 00000000 ____D C:\Users\joseph\AppData\Local\{B04EDD55-F4C5-4A36-8DD5-66F67F6E6F95}
2013-04-15 17:01 - 2013-04-15 17:01 - 00000000 ____D C:\Users\joseph\AppData\Local\{0EDBA553-17D4-4B27-AB13-093EE967A2BC}
2013-04-15 08:10 - 2013-04-15 08:10 - 00000000 ____D C:\6268d5a2b3322eba1d34e3
2013-04-11 16:58 - 2013-02-21 22:57 - 17817088 ____A (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\System32\mshtml.dll
2013-04-11 16:58 - 2013-02-21 22:29 - 10925568 ____A (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\System32\ieframe.dll
2013-04-11 16:58 - 2013-02-21 22:27 - 02312704 ____A (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\System32\jscript9.dll
2013-04-11 16:58 - 2013-02-21 22:21 - 01346560 ____A (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\System32\urlmon.dll
2013-04-11 16:58 - 2013-02-21 22:20 - 01392128 ____A (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\System32\wininet.dll
2013-04-11 16:58 - 2013-02-21 22:19 - 01494528 ____A (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\System32\inetcpl.cpl
2013-04-11 16:58 - 2013-02-21 22:18 - 00237056 ____A (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\System32\url.dll
2013-04-11 16:58 - 2013-02-21 22:17 - 00085504 ____A (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\System32\jsproxy.dll
2013-04-11 16:58 - 2013-02-21 22:15 - 00816640 ____A (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\System32\jscript.dll
2013-04-11 16:58 - 2013-02-21 22:15 - 00599040 ____A (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\System32\vbscript.dll
2013-04-11 16:58 - 2013-02-21 22:15 - 00173056 ____A (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\System32\ieUnatt.exe
2013-04-11 16:58 - 2013-02-21 22:14 - 00729088 ____A (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\System32\msfeeds.dll
2013-04-11 16:58 - 2013-02-21 22:13 - 02147840 ____A (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\System32\iertutil.dll
2013-04-11 16:58 - 2013-02-21 22:13 - 00096768 ____A (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\System32\mshtmled.dll
2013-04-11 16:58 - 2013-02-21 22:12 - 02382848 ____A (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\System32\mshtml.tlb
2013-04-11 16:58 - 2013-02-21 22:09 - 00248320 ____A (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\System32\ieui.dll
2013-04-11 16:58 - 2013-02-21 20:05 - 12324352 ____A (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\SysWOW64\mshtml.dll
2013-04-11 16:58 - 2013-02-21 19:47 - 09738752 ____A (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ieframe.dll
2013-04-11 16:58 - 2013-02-21 19:46 - 01800704 ____A (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\SysWOW64\jscript9.dll
2013-04-11 16:58 - 2013-02-21 19:38 - 01129472 ____A (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\SysWOW64\wininet.dll
2013-04-11 16:58 - 2013-02-21 19:38 - 01104384 ____A (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\SysWOW64\urlmon.dll
2013-04-11 16:58 - 2013-02-21 19:37 - 01427968 ____A (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\SysWOW64\inetcpl.cpl
2013-04-11 16:58 - 2013-02-21 19:36 - 00231936 ____A (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\SysWOW64\url.dll
2013-04-11 16:58 - 2013-02-21 19:35 - 00065024 ____A (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\SysWOW64\jsproxy.dll
2013-04-11 16:58 - 2013-02-21 19:34 - 00717824 ____A (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\SysWOW64\jscript.dll
2013-04-11 16:58 - 2013-02-21 19:34 - 00420864 ____A (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\SysWOW64\vbscript.dll
2013-04-11 16:58 - 2013-02-21 19:34 - 00142848 ____A (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ieUnatt.exe
2013-04-11 16:58 - 2013-02-21 19:33 - 00607744 ____A (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msfeeds.dll
2013-04-11 16:58 - 2013-02-21 19:32 - 01796096 ____A (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\SysWOW64\iertutil.dll
2013-04-11 16:58 - 2013-02-21 19:31 - 02382848 ____A (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\SysWOW64\mshtml.tlb
2013-04-11 16:58 - 2013-02-21 19:31 - 00073216 ____A (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\SysWOW64\mshtmled.dll
2013-04-11 16:58 - 2013-02-21 19:28 - 00176640 ____A (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ieui.dll
2013-04-10 19:10 - 2013-03-18 22:04 - 05550424 ____A (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\System32\ntoskrnl.exe
2013-04-10 19:10 - 2013-03-18 21:46 - 00043520 ____A (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\System32\csrsrv.dll
2013-04-10 19:10 - 2013-03-18 21:04 - 03968856 ____A (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntkrnlpa.exe
2013-04-10 19:10 - 2013-03-18 21:04 - 03913560 ____A (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntoskrnl.exe
2013-04-10 19:10 - 2013-03-18 20:47 - 00006656 ____A (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\SysWOW64\apisetschema.dll
2013-04-10 19:10 - 2013-03-18 19:06 - 00112640 ____A (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\System32\smss.exe
2013-04-10 19:10 - 2013-02-28 19:36 - 03153408 ____A (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\System32\win32k.sys
2013-04-10 19:10 - 2013-01-23 22:01 - 00223752 ____A (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\fvevol.sys

==================== One Month Modified Files and Folders ========

2013-05-09 09:52 - 2013-05-09 09:52 - 00000000 ____D C:\FRST
2013-05-09 08:31 - 2013-04-25 13:47 - 00000004 ____A C:\Users\joseph\AppData\Roaming\skype.ini
2013-05-09 08:30 - 2013-03-31 13:42 - 00002802 ____A C:\Windows\setupact.log
2013-05-09 08:30 - 2010-08-18 21:35 - 00000908 ____A C:\Windows\Tasks\GoogleUpdateTaskMachineCore.job
2013-05-09 08:30 - 2009-07-13 21:08 - 00000006 ___AH C:\Windows\Tasks\SA.DAT
2013-05-08 15:09 - 2010-10-16 00:03 - 01784165 ____A C:\Windows\WindowsUpdate.log
2013-05-08 15:08 - 2012-03-29 22:10 - 00000830 ____A C:\Windows\Tasks\Adobe Flash Player Updater.job
2013-05-08 15:08 - 2010-08-18 21:35 - 00000912 ____A C:\Windows\Tasks\GoogleUpdateTaskMachineUA.job
2013-05-01 15:10 - 2009-07-13 20:45 - 00013872 ___AH C:\Windows\System32\7B296FB0-376B-497e-B012-9C450E1B7327-5P-1.C7483456-A289-439d-8115-601632D005A0
2013-05-01 15:10 - 2009-07-13 20:45 - 00013872 ___AH C:\Windows\System32\7B296FB0-376B-497e-B012-9C450E1B7327-5P-0.C7483456-A289-439d-8115-601632D005A0
2013-05-01 15:07 - 2009-07-13 21:13 - 00750900 ____A C:\Windows\System32\PerfStringBackup.INI
2013-04-23 19:05 - 2011-06-14 17:53 - 00000000 ____D C:\Users\joseph\AppData\Roaming\SoftGrid Client
2013-04-23 08:07 - 2011-06-11 16:04 - 00000000 ____D C:\Users\joseph\AppData\Local\CrashDumps
2013-04-22 15:37 - 2013-04-22 15:37 - 00000000 ____D C:\Users\joseph\AppData\Local\{368E97EB-570B-4F12-935D-7C9A4A4515FB}
2013-04-22 13:52 - 2013-04-22 13:52 - 02302927 ____A C:\Users\joseph\Downloads\Redemption Code failure.zip
2013-04-22 13:46 - 2011-10-06 12:03 - 00460137 ____A C:\test.xml
2013-04-22 13:34 - 2013-04-22 13:34 - 00000000 ____D C:\Users\joseph\AppData\Local\{B04EDD55-F4C5-4A36-8DD5-66F67F6E6F95}
2013-04-22 12:52 - 2012-03-29 22:09 - 00691592 ____A (Adobe Systems Incorporated) C:\Windows\SysWOW64\FlashPlayerApp.exe
2013-04-22 12:52 - 2011-08-02 09:03 - 00071048 ____A (Adobe Systems Incorporated) C:\Windows\SysWOW64\FlashPlayerCPLApp.cpl
2013-04-22 12:52 - 2010-08-18 21:29 - 00000000 ____D C:\ProgramData\Adobe
2013-04-15 17:01 - 2013-04-15 17:01 - 00000000 ____D C:\Users\joseph\AppData\Local\{0EDBA553-17D4-4B27-AB13-093EE967A2BC}
2013-04-15 08:13 - 2009-07-13 20:45 - 00301392 ____A C:\Windows\System32\FNTCACHE.DAT
2013-04-15 08:11 - 2009-07-13 19:20 - 00000000 ____D C:\Windows\SysWOW64
2013-04-15 08:10 - 2013-04-15 08:10 - 00000000 ____D C:\6268d5a2b3322eba1d34e3
2013-04-15 08:10 - 2011-06-14 13:03 - 72702784 ____A (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\System32\MRT.exe
2013-04-12 06:45 - 2013-04-25 13:20 - 01656680 ____A (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\ntfs.sys
2013-04-10 19:43 - 2010-08-18 21:35 - 00002143 ____A C:\Users\Public\Desktop\Internet Browser.lnk

Other Malware:
===========
C:\Users\joseph\AppData\Roaming\skype.dat
C:\Users\joseph\AppData\Roaming\skype.ini
C:\Users\joseph\Application Data\skype.dat
C:\Users\joseph\Application Data\skype.ini

==================== Known DLLs (Whitelisted) ============

==================== Bamital & volsnap Check =================

C:\Windows\explorer.exe
[2011-06-11 16:12] - [2011-02-24 22:19] - 2871808 ____A (Microsoft Corporation) 332FEAB1435662FC6C672E25BEB37BE3

C:\Windows\System32\winlogon.exe
[2011-06-13 16:36] - [2010-11-20 05:25] - 0390656 ____A (Microsoft Corporation) 1151B1BAA6F350B1DB6598E0FEA7C457

C:\Windows\System32\wininit.exe
[2009-07-13 15:52] - [2009-07-13 17:39] - 0129024 ____A (Microsoft Corporation) 94355C28C1970635A31B3FE52EB7CEBA

C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe
[2009-07-13 15:31] - [2009-07-13 17:39] - 0027136 ____A (Microsoft Corporation) C78655BC80301D76ED4FEF1C1EA40A7D

C:\Windows\System32\services.exe
[2009-07-13 15:19] - [2009-07-13 17:39] - 0328704 ____A (Microsoft Corporation) 24ACB7E5BE595468E3B9AA488B9B4FCB

C:\Windows\System32\User32.dll
[2011-06-13 16:36] - [2010-11-20 05:27] - 1008128 ____A (Microsoft Corporation) FE70103391A64039A921DBFFF9C7AB1B

C:\Windows\System32\userinit.exe
[2011-06-13 16:34] - [2010-11-20 05:25] - 0030720 ____A (Microsoft Corporation) BAFE84E637BF7388C96EF48D4D3FDD53

C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\volsnap.sys
[2011-06-13 16:36] - [2010-11-20 05:34] - 0295808 ____A (Microsoft Corporation) 0D08D2F3B3FF84E433346669B5E0F639

==================== EXE ASSOCIATION =====================

HKLM\...\.exe: exefile => OK
HKLM\...\exefile\DefaultIcon: %1 => OK
HKLM\...\exefile\open\command: "%1" %* => OK

==================== Restore Points  =========================

Restore point made on: 2013-02-19 08:08:15
Restore point made on: 2013-02-24 11:16:51
Restore point made on: 2013-02-27 15:40:10
Restore point made on: 2013-03-08 15:48:34
Restore point made on: 2013-03-13 20:33:27
Restore point made on: 2013-03-14 17:55:10
Restore point made on: 2013-03-15 17:02:24
Restore point made on: 2013-03-26 12:10:55
Restore point made on: 2013-03-26 16:53:51
Restore point made on: 2013-04-08 08:04:20
Restore point made on: 2013-04-10 19:47:01
Restore point made on: 2013-04-11 16:58:38
Restore point made on: 2013-04-16 02:01:51
Restore point made on: 2013-04-22 12:47:28
Restore point made on: 2013-04-28 11:02:33

==================== Memory info ===========================

Percentage of memory in use: 16%
Total physical RAM: 2810.9 MB
Available physical RAM: 2343.18 MB
Total Pagefile: 2809.18 MB
Available Pagefile: 2346.14 MB
Total Virtual: 2047.88 MB
Available Virtual: 1960.7 MB

==================== Drives ================================

Drive c: () (Fixed) (Total:288.59 GB) (Free:219.93 GB) NTFS
Drive e: (Recovery) (Fixed) (Total:9.4 GB) (Free:0.82 GB) NTFS ==>[System with boot components (obtained from reading drive)]
Drive g: () (Removable) (Total:0.96 GB) (Free:0.79 GB) NTFS
Drive x: (Boot) (Fixed) (Total:0.03 GB) (Free:0.03 GB) NTFS
Drive y: (System Reserved) (Fixed) (Total:0.1 GB) (Free:0.07 GB) NTFS ==>[System with boot components (obtained from reading drive)]

==================== MBR & Partition Table ==================

========================================================
Disk: 0 (MBR Code: Windows 7 or 8) (Size: 298 GB) (Disk ID: 1321177D)
Partition 1: (Not Active) - (Size=9 GB) - (Type=27)
Partition 2: (Active) - (Size=100 MB) - (Type=07 NTFS)
Partition 3: (Not Active) - (Size=289 GB) - (Type=07 NTFS)

========================================================
Disk: 1 (MBR Code: Windows 7 or 8) (Size: 984 MB) (Disk ID: 3D096CF2)
Partition 1: (Active) - (Size=984 MB) - (Type=07 NTFS)

Last Boot: 2013-04-23 08:31

==================== End Of Log ============================

#15 gringo_pr

gringo_pr

Bleepin Gringo

• Malware Response Team
  • 136,772 posts
  •  

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:49 PM

Hello shane.dakan

Open notepad. Please copy the contents of the code box below. To do this highlight the contents of the box and right click on it. Paste this into the open notepad. Save it on the flash drive as fixlist.txt

HKU\joseph\...\Winlogon: [Shell] explorer.exe,C:\Users\joseph\AppData\Roaming\skype.dat <==== ATTENTION
2013-04-25 13:47 - 2013-05-09 08:31 - 00000004 ____A C:\Users\joseph\AppData\Roaming\skype.ini
C:\Users\joseph\AppData\Roaming\skype.dat
C:\Users\joseph\AppData\Roaming\skype.ini
C:\Users\joseph\Application Data\skype.dat
C:\Users\joseph\Application Data\skype.ini
NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on that particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system

On Vista or Windows 7: Now please enter System Recovery Options.

Run FRST again like we did before but this time press the Fix button just once and wait.
The tool will make a log on the flash drive (Fixlog.txt) please post it to your reply.

Also boot the computer into normal mode and let me know how things are looking.

Gringo

Edited by gringo_pr, 09 May 2013 - 04:49 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users