Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cursed Cursor

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Hikermann

Hikermann

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:10 PM

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:06 PM

OS X 10.6.8 -  my cursor died a couple of months ago, so the shop put a new keyboard cover / cursor bar on; has worked; this last week or two, however, when I'm scrolling the cursor around the screen, it will -- quite on its own accord -- begin creating shaded drag-boxes; other times, when it is over a word or phrase, it will come away with a transparent blue (as in highlighted) word or couple of words; a third issue is that there are times when I'm two-fingers-on-the-tracking-pad making my way back to the top of a page, and the page will just take off on its own all the way to the top.  The only way I've found to interrupt any of these issues is to ESC / Click Cursor; that seems to "clear the cursor's mind" for it to get back to doing what it's supposed to do.

So....any idea(s) about what's going on here?  Solution(s)?

Many thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Protech_solutions

Protech_solutions

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:10 PM

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:49 PM

Sounds like there might be a glitch of some sorts going on. I am no good at fixing things when I am not in front of it but I would suggest taking it into the apple store and seeing what they can do about it. It maybe something as simple as a loose connection somewhere. I can imagine this is very frustrating. I hope you figure it out soon. 

#3 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 PM

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:47 PM

OS X 10.6.8 -  my cursor died a couple of months ago, so the shop put a new keyboard cover / cursor bar on; has worked; this last week or two, however, when I'm scrolling the cursor around the screen, it will -- quite on its own accord -- begin creating shaded drag-boxes; other times, when it is over a word or phrase, it will come away with a transparent blue (as in highlighted) word or couple of words; a third issue is that there are times when I'm two-fingers-on-the-tracking-pad making my way back to the top of a page, and the page will just take off on its own all the way to the top.  The only way I've found to interrupt any of these issues is to ESC / Click Cursor; that seems to "clear the cursor's mind" for it to get back to doing what it's supposed to do.

So....any idea(s) about what's going on here?  Solution(s)?

Many thanks.

When you say "cursor", do you mean the trackpad? That seems to be what you mean...and that you had it replaced.

If so, have you tried connecting an external mouse to see if the same thing happens?

#4 CatLover06182013

CatLover06182013

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:10 PM

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:59 AM

Must be glitch. I just got a new iPad retina display 64, and it is doing the same sort of things: the pointer will be stuck then suddenly just take off, but I have managed to stop it, and erase. It will do fine, then I am entering an event into the calendar and suddenly it repeats the entry 20 times or so. I am planning on buying a new MAC Pro laptop, but for some reason, probably the problems with the iPad, have been holding off.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users