Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Removed viruses and now I can not boot up, I think my MBR is gone

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 flywelder

flywelder

• Members
  • 129 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:55 AM

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:51 PM

Something is not  correct yet with my computer.  as I lost my MBR earlier and  then repaired it.   then all was fine for a month or two, then in  Mid April   I went to fire up the computer and it will not  finish booting up. It will not  start loading windows XP.  My computer was running XP pro version 2002 and is a 32 bit system.  yes it is old. But it does what I ask... usually.  and is familiar to me. We go back a long ways.  So yes I am very fond of it.  :)

Since then I have been trying on my own to recover  my computer or attempt to  understand what  has happened to my beloved computer.

My wife sat on our XP disc. and cracked it.  I glued it  but it does not work.

I need a link to dumpit  so I can post  what it finds here  for you to look at.

Help!

thanks!

Edited by flywelder, 06 May 2013 - 10:56 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bloopie

bloopie

Bleepin' Sith Turner

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,927 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:55 AM

Posted 10 May 2013 - 06:22 PM

Sorry for the delay in response to your topic here. The Malware Removal Logs forum can get busy at times, but it seems you have already posted elsewhere and are receiving current help there: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/494065/computer-will-not-load-windows-xp/

If you can get your machine booting properly again and still want to have a member of the Malware Response Team check your machine for residual malware, feel free to create a new topic in this forum at that point.

For the reasons listed above and to avoid confusion, I am closing this topic.

bloopie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users