Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Media Player

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 diyahnih

diyahnih

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:52 AM

Posted 10 April 2006 - 01:12 AM

Hello,
Does anyone else have this problem: I try to play videos/music with my windows media player 10, it plays fine then stops, thens starts again. at the bottom of the player I've noticed it loading--plays music, stops & thens loads again to play more music. Is this a modem problem, MTU, or computer problem? i have a windows Xp--service pack2.

Thank-You
diyahnih

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2006 - 08:21 AM

If your downloading music/videos from the internet, or listening to streaming music/videos, and your playing them as you're downloading them, then it's normal. What's happening is that your playing the movie faster than it's being downloaded, so when it pauses, it means that it's only downloaded up to that part of the music/video. To get around this, you can start the download, then press pause on media player, and wait for it to fully download before pressing play. Once it's fully downloaded, it shouldn't pause then play then pause then play.

Hope it helps!
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#3 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2006 - 08:40 AM

Actually what is happening is the data isn't coming in at a fast enough constant rate. The player is pausing (buffering) until enough data is recieved to continue playing. High traffic congestion or insufficient bandwidth (such as a dial-up connection) are the two most common reasons. On a high speed connection, it's rarely an issue unless the website doing the streaming is overloaded or just plain slow. You can change the way WMP handles buffering by changing to the UDP protocol but if it's just a slow connection, it will most likely just drop the data instead. lose-lose situation.
If you are on a high speed connection and experience this issue at every site, we may have a different problem here. Let us know

#4 Heavancalls

Heavancalls

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2006 - 09:34 PM

I have the same sort of problem, but it is a maualy started video file, the audio and video stop and start at random.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users