Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Keyboard and mouse quit working

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Ruthe

Ruthe

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 PM

Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:20 PM

A friend brought over his computer today because the keyboard and mouse quit.  It's a HP Pavillion a1000n.  He had been gone a few days and when he came back and turned it on that is what happened.  He had tried a cordless mouse and thought it was going to work and then it quit too. 

My experience is I tried using a PS/2 mouse with no luck, so then tried a USB mouse in all slots with no luck.  I have a cordless mouse and keyboard that I also tried.  The last port I tried it in it downloaded driver and worked.  Then I tried plugging his into that port and nothing.  When I plugged mine back in that was working, couldn't ever get it to work again. 

Any suggestions other than buy a new computer??

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 electricians01

electricians01

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 AM

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:43 AM

I have a cordless mouse and keyboard that I also tried.  The last port I tried it in it downloaded driver and worked.

Edited by bloopie, 01 June 2013 - 07:44 AM.
Removed link. ~bloopie

#3 HAv0k

HAv0k

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 PM

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:21 AM

If they are wireless make sure they are not dead, also update all the drivers for any peripheral devices which are attached to the computer.

Also did you try restarting the computer? That normally solves 90% of computer problems. :)

#4 Ruthe

Ruthe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 PM

Posted 28 May 2013 - 07:52 AM

Nothing ever worked and we lost all use of usb ports front and back.  He decided to just junk that old one and get a new one.

#5 nikishop11

nikishop11

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 AM

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:53 AM

UBS ports are sometimes not working you can reinstall the drivers of hardware devices. You can also install your harware device drivers from control panel of your system.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users