Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lost access to my word programs

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 t.grogan

t.grogan

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:56 PM

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:26 PM

I I paid for and downloaded Microsoft 2010 from First Choice Online only to find out that the access code were invalid and I can not activate it, so it is a useless program. I used Comando Program manager to try and uninstall otshot and started to uninstall the micro soft 2010. I received an error stating that it can't uninstall otshot. It did uninstall part of the 2010 program. I rebooted my computer and went to use Microsoft word and it is just blank - It is like it is open but not really - I can't see anything or interact with any thing.  Please Help!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 drwmbt

drwmbt

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:56 AM

Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:07 PM

That usually happens when the software is not registered.  You are able to open the program but unable to use any of the features.

Please contact the company that you purchase (office?) from or contact microsoft directly and look to see if you have any recourse.

You should've looked into picking up the copy locally or thru a verified source I've never heard of the company you've purchased office from and it sounds a little "under-the-table"

also please dont forget about all the great open source (free) options such as www.openoffice.org

#3 t.grogan

t.grogan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:56 PM

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:22 PM

I now know that First Choice Online is a scam and have tried to get my money back  - but that is not going to happen. I did file a report with microsoft letting them know about the fake program and who was selling it.  I needed the parogram for a class that I was going to take. Now I am having all kind of problems. My C drive is filling up for no reason and I don't know what to do.

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:01:56 AM

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:12 PM

My C drive is filling up for no reason and I don't know what to do.

Because you have posted about this here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/493744/something-is-filling-up-my-c-drive/ in Am I Infected this topic is closed to avoid conflicts and confusion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users