Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ms Reader Unable To Find Library Folder

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 brillo

brillo

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 PM

Posted 09 April 2006 - 10:37 PM

Clicking MSReader usually brings up MSR with library list to click choice of book to read. Now, click MSR and I get no MSReader and no library, just "MS reader unable to find library folder. Your library may have been moved, deleted, or Reader may no longer have access to the Library folder. Enter the location of Library folder." The default for Library folder is "C:\Documents and Settings\Rob\My Documents\My Library\", the message shows/knows that path/location is the default, and that is exactly where the library is. I checked, it's there. However, MSR can't find it. If I click "ok" for default path, get error "MS Reader may not have access to the specified path. Please select another path."

It is possible I was a little... aggressive shall we say, with CCleaner or jv16 Power Tools reg cleaner, don't remember which. Did backup of stuff removed for both CC and jv16, though. When I go into those backup files to look for something related to MSR, I don't see it, mostly numbers. Anyway, I don't want to restore all that junk.

So, 2 questions: How do I find and restore one item from deleted stuff? or,
How do I get MSR working again some other way? I did try uninstalling and reinstalling MSR from new download, same result -> MSR unable to find library...

Suggestions?

Rob

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 windowsxp550

windowsxp550

• Members
  • 133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:21 AM

Posted 10 April 2006 - 12:25 AM

Your best bet would probably be to reinstall MSReader.

Go to Add/Remove Programs, find MSReader, and click on it to highlight it. Then check if there is a "Change" button. If there is, try that, it usually gives you the option to either repair or Reinstall. If there is no "Change" button, then Simply remove MSReader, then reinstall it.

Hope that helps!
Free PC Help: At FixMyXP.com, our Speciality is Windows XP.
Got An XP Problem or Question? Get expert help, all free Check it out!
Click Here to go to FixMyXP's Windows XP Help Forum

#3 brillo

brillo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 PM

Posted 10 April 2006 - 12:36 AM

Thanks for the response from windowsxp550, but please note from my post that I already did uninstall/reinstall MSReader, from a fresh download. Didn't work. same result. I'll try again, maybe it'll work this time. One way or the other, I'll be back...

Rob

#4 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:21 AM

Posted 10 April 2006 - 06:59 AM

Hi Rob.
At the point of "Enter the location of Library folder" or at any other point, do you get a "create new" option?
If so, create a new folder in a slightly different location and move your e-books to the new folder.
I don't use MSR but even if it will allow you to manually type in a new location then do that instead and move your e-books accordingly.

Edited by HitSquad, 10 April 2006 - 07:05 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users