§ Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop.
§ Double-click on SecurityCheck.exe
§ Follow the on-screen instructions.
§ A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt.
§ Please post the content of that document.
Farbar Service Scanner
§ Download Farbar Service Scanner.
§ Run it on the computer.
§ Make sure the following options are checked:
o Internet Services
o Windows Firewall
o System Restore
o Security Center/Action Center
o Windows Update
o Windows Defender
o Other Services
§ Press "Scan".
§ It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory where you run the tool.
§ Please copy and paste the log to your reply.
§ Download MiniToolBox
§ Run it on the computer.
§ Checkmark following boxes:
§ Report IE Proxy Settings
§ Report FF Proxy Settings
§ List content of Hosts
§ List IP configuration
§ List Winsock Entries
§ List last 10 Event Viewer log
§ List Installed Programs
§ List Devices (do NOT change any settings here)
§ List Users, Partitions and Memory size
§ Click Go and post the result.
§ Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop.
§ Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
§ At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
§ If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
§ Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.
§ When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
§ Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
§ When completed, a log will open in Notepad.
§ Post the log back here.
§ Be sure to restart the computer.
§ The log can also be found here:
C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt or at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt
§ Download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit from HERE to your Desktop.
§ Unzip downloaded file.
§ Open the folder where the contents were unzipped and run mbar.exe
§ Follow the instructions in the wizard to update and allow the program to scan your computer for threats.
§ DO NOT click on the Cleanup button. Simply exit the program.
§ When done, please post the two logs produced they will be in the MBAR folder..... mbar-log-xxxxx.txt and system-log.txt
- Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.
- Close all open programs and internet browsers.
- Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
- Click on Delete.
- Confirm each time with Ok.
- Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.
- Please post the contents of that logfile with your next reply.
- You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.
Junkware Removal Tool
§ Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.
§ Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
§ The tool will open and start scanning your system.
§ Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
§ On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
§ Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.
Temp File Cleaner
§ Download Temp File Cleaner (TFC) Alternate download: http://www.itxassociates.com/OT-Tools/TFC.exe
§ Double click on TFC.exe to run the program.
§ Click on Start button to begin cleaning process.
§ TFC will close all running programs, and it may ask you to restart computer.
§ NOTE. If it freezes in normal mode run it from safe mode. Be patient
How to restore Google Chrome:
1. Close the Google Chrome browser, if it is running.
2. Go to Start menu, search for Run and open it. Or find it out from the Start menu, All programs, Accessories.
3. Type the following line according to the OS in the run box.
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome\User Data\ (in Windows 8/7/Vista)
%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\ (in Windows Xp). And hit Enter.
4. There is a folder named Default and this folder contains all the current settings.
5. Rename the Default folder to Default.old.
6. Now lunch the Google Chrome.
See, all the original settings are restored. A new folder "Default" will be created and it will hold all settings for now.
How to restore Internet Explorer in Windows 8:
1. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen (if you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen and move the mouse pointer down), and then tap or click Search. Enter Internet options in the search box, and then tap or click Settings.
2. In the search results, tap or click Internet Options. Tap or click the Advanced tab and then tap or click Reset…
Note: Select the Delete personal settings check box if you would also like to remove browsing history, search providers, Accelerators, home pages, Tracking Protection, and ActiveX Filtering data.
3. In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings window tap or click Reset
Note: To delete all personal settings,tap or click the checkbox for Delete personal settings.
4. Close and then restart Internet Explorer for the changes to take effect.
How to restore Internet Explorer in Windows XP, Vista or 7:
1. Exit all programs, including Internet Explorer.
2. If you use Windows XP, click Start, and then click Run. Type the following command in the Open box, and then press Enter: inetcpl.cpl
If you use Windows 7 or Windows Vista, click Start
Type the following command in the Search box, and then press Enter: inetcpl.cpl
The Internet Options dialog box appears.
3. Click the Advanced tab.
4. Under Reset Internet Explorer settings, click Reset. Then click Reset again.
Click to select the Delete personal settings check box if you also want to remove browsing history, search providers, Accelerators, home pages, Tracking Protection, and ActiveX Filtering data.
5. When Internet Explorer finishes resetting the settings, click Close in the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box.
6. Start Internet Explorer again.
How to restore Firefox:
1. At the top of the Firefox window, click the Firefox button, go over to the Help sub-menu
and select Troubleshooting Information.
2. Click the Reset Firefox button in the upper-right corner of the Troubleshooting Information page.
3. To continue, click Reset Firefox in the confirmation window that opens.
4. Firefox will close and be reset. When it's done, a window will list the information that was imported. Click Finish and Firefox will open.
Please do the following :
§ Update Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome
§ Update Java
§ Update Adobe Flash, Shockwave, Air and Reader
§ Update Windows
NOTE 1. Make sure all logs are pasted not attached.
NOTE 2. You must have only ONE antivirus on the computer. I recommend a paid antivirus like Norton 360, Kaspersky Pure or Malwarebytes Pro or a free antivirus like Avast, AVG or Microsoft Security Essentials