Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable to delete another Boot folder!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Keithuk

Keithuk

• Members
  • 957 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 AM

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:05 AM

Hi guys.

Vista Home Premium 32bit.

I've done a search on here but I can't find anything that comes close.

I know the C:\Boot folder is hidden and its needed but I have another C:\Temp folder on the drive which I use for bits and pieces. I decided I wanted to delete this folder but when I tried is said Cannot delete folder: 'You Need Permission To Perform This Action'. I looked in the Temp folder and there was an exact copy of the Boot folder with its 25 sub folders and 3 files. This folder has been in there a couple of months I don't know how it got in there whether I accidentally dragged it in there I don't remember. Now the main C:\Boot folder is still there with the same folders and files but I can't delete the Boot folder in Temp.

I've checked the Properties Security and tried to change the permission of Administrator to full control. I tick all boxes and Apply but it says An error occured while applying security infomation to: C:\Temp\Boot. Access is denied. Continue or Cancel, I click Continue and it says Unable to give permission changes on Boot. Access is denied.

Does anyone have any idea how I can delete this Boot folder please?

Keith

Windows ME (spare computer)
Windows XP 2002 Professional SP3 (desktop computer)
Windows 7 Professional SP1 32bit (laptop computer)

Windows 8 64bit spare drive for laptop computer

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,407 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 AM

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:44 AM

If it's a Temp file just remove the temp files and leave the file as is.

Please download Temp File Cleaner by Old Timer and save it to your desktop.

[*]Save any unsaved work. (TFC will close ALL open programs including your browser!)
[*]Double-click on TFC.exe to run it. (If you are using Vista, right-click on the file and choose "Run As Administrator".)
[*]Click the Start button to begin the cleaning process and let it run uninterrupted to completion.
[*]Important! If TFC prompts you to reboot, please do so immediately. If not prompted, manually reboot the machine anyway to ensure a complete clean.
[/list]

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Keithuk

Keithuk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 957 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 AM

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:15 PM

No the folder is called C:\Temp I just use it to store temp files but now the Boot folder has been copied inside it won't let me delete it, stupid Vista.

Keith

Windows ME (spare computer)
Windows XP 2002 Professional SP3 (desktop computer)
Windows 7 Professional SP1 32bit (laptop computer)

Windows 8 64bit spare drive for laptop computer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users