Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System repair doesn't work

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:41 AM

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:03 AM

Hello, I've just found this forum and I can see there's a lot of people willing to help, so I decided to make myself an account and ask for your help. Several months ago, I had a trouble with some malware, that won't let me see anything in the desktop and told me I needed to buy some software to help me restore my system. Anyway I get rid of it by downloading Malware Bytes Anti-malware and letting it work. Since then I haven't too much problems, until a month ago, when my computer started to freeze, and I noticed. Some strange archives, like hidding folders and stuff like that. However I was too busy to do something about. So today I decided to use malware bytes anti-malware to kill those guys. So first of all, I downloaded the new version of the program and updated the database, but the installer get freezed, so I finished the process and restart the program, and everything went okay for a while. I decided to make a complete scan, and after 3 hours, I get the results. I got 5 suspicious archives, but when I tried to eliminate them, it gets frozen again, so I restart the program again and initiate a fast scan, which only reported 1 malware, so I use the eliminate button, and after a while it tells me that I have to restart the system. I was doing homework, so I saved my archives and everything, and then restarted the system. But in the process, a Blue Screen of Death appears after the boot options and get me to a repair system menu, and then appears a message, that the system can't be restored. This is the signature of the problem:

Problem Event Name: Startup Repair Offline
Problem Signature 01: 6.1.7600.16385
Problem Signature 02: 6.1.7600.16385
Problem Signature 3: Unknown
Problem Signature 4: -1
Problem Signature 5: AutoFailover
Problem Signature 6: 6
Problem Signature 7: CorruptRegistry
Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 3082

Please help me, at least to recover my archives. I'm looking forward for your answer. And I'm sorry for the bad english, is not my native language. Thanks.

Edited by hamluis, 06 May 2013 - 10:06 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:30 PM

Hi there, again. Thanks to hamluis for putting this where it belongs. A little update, I saw a few other posts, and I saw you  recommended to download FRST.exe, so I did it and run the application from the cmd. When finished, it comes out this:

Mod Edit:  Removed unsolicited FRST data, not allowed in this forum.  Please...do not post unsolicited malware logs - Hamluis.

Am I doing it right? What's next? Thanks in advance

Edited by hamluis, 07 May 2013 - 06:10 AM.
Removed FRST log - Hamluis.

#3 Guest_Francis Houle_*

Guest_Francis Houle_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:45 PM

Are you able to boot in safe mode?

If not, please try this :

1. Remove all floppy disks, CDs, and DVDs from your computer, and then restart your computer.

Click the Start button 4f6cbd09-148c-4dd8-b1f2-48f232a2fd33_47., click the arrow next to the Lock button eb058ccf-b21e-4dfe-9bb7-1ad6c83b705c_15., and then click Restart.
  2. Do one of the following:

• If your computer has a single operating system installed, press and hold the F8 key as your computer restarts. You need to press F8 before the Windows logo appears. If the Windows logo appears, you will need to try again by waiting until the Windows logon prompt appears, and then shutting down and restarting your computer.

• If your computer has more than one operating system, use the arrow keys to highlight the operating system you want to start, and then press F8.

3. On the Advanced Boot Options screen, use the arrow keys to highlight Last Known Good Configuration, and then press ENTER.

4. If your computer has more than one operating system installed, use the arrow keys to highlight the operating system that you want to start by using Last Known Good Configuration, and then press ENTER. Windows will then resume starting normally.

#4 Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:59 PM

First of all, thank you for answering Francis Houle. I have tried what you suggested, but It doesn't work. After I selected the option "Last Known Good Configuration", in the screen with the Windows logo appears, the system just crashes when loading, and it gives me a Blue Screen. After that, system reboots and sends me again to Repair System screen, and says Startup Repair doesn't work. What can I do now? Thanks in advance.

#5 Guest_Francis Houle_*

Guest_Francis Houle_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:27 PM

Can you provide us a screenshot/picture/photo of the bluescreen?

#6 Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:05 PM

http://postimg.org/image/5n864o3lr/

Sorry, it's the best I could do, given the circumstances. Hope it works.

#7 Guest_Francis Houle_*

Guest_Francis Houle_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:16 PM

Try this!

http://forums.techguy.org/7449332-post2.html

#8 Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:18 PM

I tried as you say, but there's no entry called "truncatememory", can I do something else? There's a long entry that looks like the one they use... but it says "resumeobject", so I don't think that is, is it?

#9 Guest_Francis Houle_*

Guest_Francis Houle_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:23 PM

1 - Shutdown the computer

2 - Press F8 and select : Repair your computer

3 - In the System Recovery Options, please click on Command Prompt

4 - Type "bcdedit /deletevalue {default} numproc" (without quots) and press "enter"

5 - Now type "bcdedit /deletevalue {default} truncatememory" (without quots) and press enter again

6 - Close the prompt screen and reboot!

Edited by Francis Houle, 06 May 2013 - 10:29 PM.

#10 Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:24 PM

Thank you so much. Somewhere along the way, it just worked itself. I couldn't do what you suggested before, because it didn't recognize the command. However, my computer is working now, so thank you so much for the help. Obviously, it would be great to know what the hell happened, in order to avoid it to happen sometime in the future, but, anyway, I'll look what was happening. Thanks again.

#11 Guest_Francis Houle_*

Guest_Francis Houle_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:25 PM

Good!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users