Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bluetooth problem, can't install adapter

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MizeryMade

MizeryMade

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:49 AM

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:07 AM

Alright, so after years of dealing with several "throw-away" computers (as I like to call them; those being the "cheap" computers you pick up for a few hundred from a Walmart or Best Buy), I finally put out the money to get a higher end computer built. All is pretty good with it, but I decided to try and connect my bluetooth adapter to it for use with my wireless headphones. It's a Rocket Fish adapter or whatever. It previously installed fine on the Windows 7 laptop I had been using.

However, on this computer, everytime I've tried to install it... the installer spits me out an error that it can't start the Windows Bluetooth Stack. It just suggests to restart the computer and try again, which... doesn't work. I've tried googling the issue, and nothing seems to provide a solution. Anyone here know where to even start to try and fix this problem?

EDIT: Sorry, no specs at the moment to post. Throwing this up right quick before I have to run off to work, figure drum up some ideas while I'm away. Any specific information that would be useful when I return?

Edited by MizeryMade, 06 May 2013 - 12:08 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• BC Advisor
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 PM

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:35 AM

Hi

Do you have a driver install disk for the adapter ? . 

Some old Bluetooth drivers are not compatible with Windows 7 64 bit. So make sure the driver disk do have the right driver for your OS.

#3 MizeryMade

MizeryMade
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:49 AM

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:00 AM

I didn't figure it was an issue with Win 7 64, since that's what the laptop was running where it previously worked. It messing with it this morning, I noticed that when I would input the adapter and it tried installing drivers, it was being picked up as a "MotionJoy" device. Uninstalled MotionJoy... still no joy, searched google on getting rid of the MotionJoy drivers and... tada. Finally got it to install properly. Guess all it took to fix my problem was to buckle and ask for help... to motivate me to dig deeper? Haha.

Appareciate your willingness to offer up some ideas, Anshad.

Edited by MizeryMade, 06 May 2013 - 10:03 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users