Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

undeletable file

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 sume

sume

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:40 PM

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:17 PM

I am unable to  to delete this file which is in my temp folder

FXSAPIDebugLogFile.txt

I tried using an undelete program but no luck

thanks

Edited by sume, 05 May 2013 - 11:17 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_Francis Houle_*

Guest_Francis Houle_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:21 PM

Actually you are getting this error because you can’t delete all log files. Log files are important files which can be present at different locations. It can be present in your document, uninstall settings of any application and so on. Here your file FXSAPIDebugLogFile.txt is a log file related to your Fax application which is must have app to use Fax machine, I guess. Although it is not safe to delete the log files but Since you are asking the procedure to delete the log file then follow the following process to do that:

• Go to Control Panel
  • Click on Program
  • Click On “Turn Windows Features On and Off”.
  • Navigate to Print and Document Services
  • Now uncheck that option
  • Now click Ok to confirm
  • Restart the computer

After the Restart, you would be able to delete that file without any problem but still I will suggest you not to delete this file as it can hamper the working of your Printer and Fax.

#3 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:24 PM

Hi

That file is created by Windows itself. You don't need to delete it.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,426 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:10 AM

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:04 AM

If it's in any temp folder...emptying such folders (using Windows or a 3d-party utility) should remove it.

Louis

#5 sume

sume
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:40 PM

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:56 AM

Actually you are getting this error because you can’t delete all log files. Log files are important files which can be present at different locations. It can be present in your document, uninstall settings of any application and so on. Here your file FXSAPIDebugLogFile.txt is a log file related to your Fax application which is must have app to use Fax machine, I guess. Although it is not safe to delete the log files but Since you are asking the procedure to delete the log file then follow the following process to do that:

• Go to Control Panel
  • Click on Program
  • Click On “Turn Windows Features On and Off”.
  • Navigate to Print and Document Services
  • Now uncheck that option
  • Now click Ok to confirm
  • Restart the computer

After the Restart, you would be able to delete that file without any problem but still I will suggest you not to delete this file as it can hamper the working of your Printer and Fax.

thanks that worked & all is working fine

#6 Guest_Francis Houle_*

Guest_Francis Houle_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:47 PM

Good!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users