Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable to add user accounts

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 elmongo2

elmongo2

• Members
  • 878 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 PM

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:59 PM

This Windows 8 is pure GARBAGE!!!!! Nothing but error problems. I'll address one thing at a time......

I am currently unable to add any user accounts. I get some stupid error message saying "Were sorry but something went wrong. This user wasn't added to this PC." Code: 0x80070426

Can anyone here help me get through this without using factory restore for the like fifth time on this friggin laptop!!!! :smash:

People do dumb things. And I'm not talking about paying too much for car insurance either.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_Francis Houle_*

Guest_Francis Houle_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:38 PM

If you installed any 3rd party networking stuff like firewalls, antivirus etc. - any 3rd party network services - and that 3rd party have not cared to certify (test) it with Windows 8. Then uninstall that software and try again!

Edited by Francis Houle, 05 May 2013 - 10:38 PM.

#3 elmongo2

elmongo2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 878 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:33 AM

I haven't installed any third party network services aside from Malwarebytes anti-malware. I just bought this laptop and it already comes with pre-installed McAfee antivirus.

People do dumb things. And I'm not talking about paying too much for car insurance either.

#4 Guest_Francis Houle_*

Guest_Francis Houle_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:41 AM

Uninstall McAfee and try again!

#5 elmongo2

elmongo2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 878 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:29 AM

Uninstalled McAfee and it still does the same thing.

#6 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• BC Advisor
  • 2,805 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:58 AM

Hi

Is your Windows is activated ?. 

If you are trying to create an online user account try an offline normal account first. You can later convert it to online if you want. Also make sure that your system date, time and region are correct.

#7 elmongo2

elmongo2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 878 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:01 PM

Yeah it's activated. It came pre-installed on the laptop.

#8 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• BC Advisor
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 AM

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:15 PM

Hi

I didn't faced this error yet so honestly i can only guess . I did some search in internet and it seems that this error only happens when trying to create MS live account. Only solution so far is to create a normal user account and convert it to a live account.

#9 Guest_Francis Houle_*

Guest_Francis Houle_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:08 PM

create a local account and convert it to a microsoft account*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users