Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Idea's on Which Software to Use

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 7Mozart7

7Mozart7

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:47 PM

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:44 PM

Hello people. I need to make up the graphics for a sign I'll have printed up. The sign will be pretty basic, just two colors on the type, & it will have one logo graphic

Does anyone know of an easy to use software for this, preferably one that offers a free trial, since I just need it for this one sign?

A friend mentioned Microsoft Publisher, but I can't find a free trial on their site

Thanks for any help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Martel

Martel

Drfixup Human Internet Solutions

• Members
  • 1,469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:47 PM

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:56 PM

You could probably use MS Paint

It should be on your computer

#3 Slim Nelson

Slim Nelson

• Members
  • 223 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:38 PM

Yes, I agree. Use Microsoft Paint and google some tutorials because there actually is a bunch of cool things you can do with it that a lot of people don't know about. I found this tutorial through google awhile ago that is interesting. http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/tutorial/mspaint

Hulk_Tag.png

#4 lostindawindows

lostindawindows

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:27 PM

Hello! Im a new member to this site and I was just scaning the forums when I came across your question. If Im an expert on anything its where to get good free software. I recently took a big interest in photo editing and have tried several programs. MS Paint is good, but here are two more that you may find useful as well. The first is "GIMP" This is my personal favorite. Its been called the "Free Photoshop" although there is a bit of a learning curve, it is a powerful editing tool that is capable of creating some pretty cool and professional effects. If you go to Youtube and search "GIMP" you will find dozens of tutorals including some very interesting special effects with texts. Another free but much easier program is called "Photoscape" This is a very user friendly software and has a few more tools to work with than "MS Paint" You can download both of these "free" editing tools at Cnet.com. Hope this helps.

#5 bluelogic

bluelogic

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 AM

Posted 06 August 2013 - 09:17 AM

MSWord will do an adequate job. just save as PDF and send to your printer. Alternative try some of the options found at osalt.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users