Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Visiting youtube causes computer to freeze completely

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Brownetown26

Brownetown26

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 AM

Posted 05 May 2013 - 03:52 PM

Over the last few days, any time I try to visit youtube my computer completely freezes.  The mouse doesn't move, I can't push ctrl+alt+del, nothing at all works.  The screen just freezes while the page is loading.  The computer doesn't seem to be busy working when it freezes.  It seems to just stop completely.  I do not have this problem with any other websites.  I have scanned for viruses with Spybot and Malwarebytes.  I downloaded Ccleaner and used that too, as I thought it might be some sort of registry error.  No issues have been found.  There are no other sypmtoms of problems with the computer.  It is not running slowly.  Everything seems normal except for youtube. 

I am using Firefox 20.0..1  There are no strange add ons or toolbars that I use.  I use Windows 7.  Any ideas what might be causing the problem?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Brownetown26

Brownetown26
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2013 - 03:59 PM

I did a little more experimenting, and discovered that the problem only seems to be when using firefox.  Chrome and Internet explorer load the page.  I did, however notice that the Samsung ad at the top of youtube had an error loading.  The problem with Firefox seems to occur at the moment the Samsung ad finishes loading.  Perhaps it is related specifically to that.

#3 Guest_Francis Houle_*

Guest_Francis Houle_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:04 PM

Did you try to reinstall and/or reset firefox?

#4 Brownetown26

Brownetown26
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:23 PM

I did reinstall firefox and then restart.  It did not fix the problem.

#5 Guest_Francis Houle_*

Guest_Francis Houle_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:32 PM

Did you update flash player and shockwave to the latest version? If not, do it and try again

If its not working , try to downgrade flash player version and disable the accelerator in the Flash (right click over video for Flash settings)

#6 Brownetown26

Brownetown26
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2013 - 11:05 PM

It seems to have been related to the ad at top of youtube.  As soon as the ad was gone, the problem was gone.  If it persists, I will fiddle with flash and shockwave.  Thanks a lot for the suggestions.

#7 Guest_Francis Houle_*

Guest_Francis Houle_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:16 AM

Good

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users