Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Programs stop working...

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 hugster

hugster

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 AM

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:41 AM

I had the same problem since I installed latest windows update (Windows 7 Home Premium).Skype, Winamp, Windows Desktop gadget, AVG and Malwarebytes all crahed upon startup.

I uninstalled the last windows update after trying dozens of other options posted in forums - this solved all  my problems. The update that caused this was kb2670838

Not sure if this compromises security of my computer though, and how it will behave after installing next update.. any thoughts?

Mod Edit: Split from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/492482/multiple-programs-stop-working-upon-launch/. ~bloopie

Edited by bloopie, 05 May 2013 - 01:16 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users