Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error Message

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bASHFUL2006

bASHFUL2006

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 AM

Posted 09 April 2006 - 08:39 PM

Once I have signed on I'm getting an Error box message RUN DLL that states.......Error loading C:/PROGRA~1/MYWEBS!1?BAR/1.bin/MWSBAR.DLL.

My question is how to correct this error message?

1) One solution that I thouht of is to uninstall "MY WEB SEARCH any other items associated with My Web Search.

2) If I were to uninstall "My Web Search" would this cause any other further problems?

3)If I were to download "Hijackthis" on my computer would this problem help correct the problem?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 gunner

gunner

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:32 AM

Posted 09 April 2006 - 08:50 PM

Uninstall Myway MySpeedbar from Start Button : Control Panel > Add/Remove programs. It might be called 'My Search Bar', 'MyWay Speed Bar' or 'My Web Search Bar', Click 'Remove' for what you find. Also remove 'Fun Web Products Easy Installer' if it is present. After that run your spyware and antivirus programs. Not a bad idea to post a log in the forum that deals with these nasties.
Spike's advice: Backup your data routinely.

#3 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:32 AM

Posted 10 April 2006 - 07:04 AM

Just to expand on what gunner has said:

I would recommend following the Preparation Guide to posting a High Jack This log. You may not need to actually post a log, however. If you follow the instuctions in the Prepatory Guide faithfully then this little bugger ought to be removed. However, rarely is a computer infected with only one thing.

If after completing all of the steps in the Preparation Guide you continue to have issues, post a HJT log as instructed in the Preparation Guide.

PREPARATION GUIDE

ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users