Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

GOOLGE not google can i remove this?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bassy61

bassy61

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 PM

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:08 PM

this is driving my crazy, can anyone explain to me (in laymans terms) how to remove goolge search engine from my computer, PLEASE!!!!!

Edited by hamluis, 07 May 2013 - 10:43 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,102 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 PM

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:02 PM

Hi,

Click on the 'Start' button, then click on 'Control Panel' - it's about halfway up in the box on the right hand side of the little window that appears when you click on the 'Start' button.

This opens the 'Contol Panel'. Depending on how you have it set up, this will show either a partial window full of large icons or a partial window showing a list of things with small icons - either way, the effect is the same.

Scroll up or down in this window if necessary until you find an entry called 'Programs and Features'. Double click on this, and another window will appear, and after a few seconds you will get an alphabetical list of almost all the software installed on your computer.  Scroll up and down this list looking for entries like 'Google tool bar' and 'Google desktop'. When you find any, click on it to select it, then click on 'Uninstall/Change' in the gray panel immediately above the list of software.

This starts the uninstall process running, and again, after a usually brief period, you will get a message saying 'xyz was uninstalled'. Then you can repeat the process for any oher bits you want to get rid of.

When you have uninstalled everything you want to, restart your computer and you should be good to go.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 bassy61

bassy61
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:37 AM

thanks for your reply chris, but it's not google i want to get rid of, it's a search engine/highjacking virus? called goolge the gl are the wrong way round (it's not a typo on my part) i have google chrome which i'm happy with but every time i open it goo(lg)e appears, it dosen't try to look the same as the google home page but uses the name goolge which is very similar.

bassy

#4 bassy61

bassy61
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:56 AM

thanks for your reply queen-evie, when i say search engine i do mean google search web page, i have google chrome which i'm happy with but every time i open it goo(lg)e (the gl are the wrong way round) appears, it dosen't try to look the same as the google home page but uses the name goolge which is very similar. i've checked in control panel-programs and can't find it there, i've also tried looking in my registry to no avail but may have not checked the right files etc.

it may be a search engine/highjacking virus? called goolge the gl are the wrong way round

bassy

#5 AdagioBoognish

AdagioBoognish

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 AM

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:33 AM

Ha I've now read the phrase 'Google' so many times it doesn't look like a pronounceable word anymore. 

Here's a link with a lot of good information about viruses acting similar to what you're talking about.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-tdss-tdl3-alureon-rootkit-using-tdsskiller

Edited by AdagioBoognish, 07 May 2013 - 08:51 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users