Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

no signal

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 D Willis

D Willis

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 AM

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:27 AM

I have a home assembled pc.It would be best for you to give me the program that tells you what is on here rather than have me try to tell you.When the pc is turned on it turns on the moniter and then says no signal,this is not everytime.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,358 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:59 AM

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:17 AM

Is the monitor a known working unit?

Please use the following link to provide us with information about your computer so that we can assist you.

How to Publish a Snapshot using Speccy

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:

List last 10 Event Viewer log
  List Installed Programs
  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click on Go to start the scan.  Once it is finished highlight the text, copy it and paste it in your next post.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 D Willis

D Willis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:29 AM

Hi dc3 glad you responded.this pc has been nothing but trouble ever since I assembled back in 06?.I have replaced everything in it ex the cpu and mob.most all of it under warrenty?I just realized I didn't install the home and student thing after formatting and reinstall W7 last time so not able to post the info you ask for.i'm gonna pull both video cards and switch slots when reinstalling.i tried another known good monitor with no change.if that doesn't fix it i'll use it until it blows up and try to get me a real pc.it has become kind of extra anyhow,everybody has their own laptop and I have another pc by dell.not sure i'm ready for W8 yet.Thanks

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,358 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:35 AM

If your motherboard has onboard graphics remove the dedicated card and see if it works off the onboard graphics.

One of the reasons for wanting the Speccy was so there would be a list of components installed.

Please list the make and model of all the components installed, including the PSU.

I just realized I didn't install the home and student thing after formatting and reinstall W7 last time so not able to post the info you ask for

Please explain what you meant by this.

Edited by dc3, 06 May 2013 - 08:38 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 D Willis

D Willis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:58 AM

That's the MS word home and student,ain't that what contains clipboard?I can't find add reply and I can't seem to copy and paste

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,358 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:05 AM

Windows 7 does not have Clipboard, it has Notepad, neither is related to Windows Office.

#7 D Willis

D Willis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:07 AM

in the link you posed it said copy speccy to clipboard

#8 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,358 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:37 AM

As you can see in the image below there is "Yes" which I've outlined in red, and "Copy to Clipboard" outlined in red as well.  You click on these to save the Speccy, it's just the verbiage that was used to write the instructions.

speccy_zpsf944d4ce.png

#9 D Willis

D Willis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:05 AM

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/D2ndU0ZraJpHjZOXUJkgPti

The only thing I did diferent was leave the window open after clicking on copy to clipboard

I still can't get the minitool box to copy and paste

Edited by D Willis, 06 May 2013 - 10:11 AM.

#10 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,358 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:25 AM

This motherboard does not have onboard graphics, so if there is a problem with the dedicated graphics card you will have to replace it.

Look in the Device Manager and see if there are any yellow or red error indicators under Sound, video and game controllers.  If there are no errors do the following.

Are you running a pair of the GeForce 9500 GT cards in SLI?

If so, remove one and see if the problem persists, if it does move the card to the other slot.  If this doesn't resolve the problem try the same thing with the other card.

Please post the make and model of your PSU.

Do you have a DC voltage meter?

The 12V reading in the Speccy is only 8.3V, but the voltage is read with a sensor which may or may not be accurate.  But the 12V rail should be checked to be sure that this is only an error of the sensor.

Since you can't copy and paste I will take a shotgun approach to see what can be found.  There are two scans which I would like for you to run.

The sfc /scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces corrupted and incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.

Click on the Start orb startorb_zps06e1f985.png, the type in cmd in the Search programs and files.

cmd will appear in Programs above, right click on it, then click on Run as administrator.   

If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, enter the password, or click Allow.  

A page similar to the one below will open.

Screenshot2.jpg

Type in sfc /scannow and then press Enter to start the scan.

If the scan finds no problem in the first portion of the scan it may stop, if it does restart within five minutes type in exit and press Enter to stop the scan.

Edited by dc3, 06 May 2013 - 10:43 AM.

#11 D Willis

D Willis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:31 AM

The PSU is a Ultra X4, it's 850.The scan show nothing wrong.

#12 D Willis

D Willis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:12 PM

I have a tester for the PSU and it's good.I checked device manager and no red or yellow marks.I'll work with the cards and see what plays out.Thanks for your help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users