Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Opinions Bit Defender 9 A/v Purchase Version

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 georgia

• Members
  • 567 posts
  • Local time:12:04 PM

Posted 09 April 2006 - 06:48 PM

I have another new toshiba notebook at home and at work are required to use Norton A/V. No complaints, it has been great and I have had no problems with my computer re viruses, malware etc.
I just thought that I would look at other A/V proggys. user friendly ones are what i need.
I use only the sp2 firewall, trashed the latest ZA 6 as it caused access to internet problems and i got sick of it. i have an SMC Router, Alpha Shield, use spysweeper, Scotty the dog, and Trojan Hunter and no problems.
I don't want Kapersky and I don't want free ware. I have looked at other forums and reviews and wanted opinions on the Purchase version of Bit Defender 9 from any users as it does have good reviews and seems to do the job the way i would like it to.
I would appreciate comments, thankyou
Talent is a flame. Genius is a fire.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  • Local time:11:04 AM

Posted 09 April 2006 - 11:05 PM

I have not use shareware or paid antivirus or antisptware in years. I have heard good think about Bit Defender but have no hands on with it. I am curious. Why would you not want freeware that is as good as shareware or pay software. I have used AVG Free for several years, as other here have, with great effect.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 01:16 AM

If you have Norton installed, and must use it, why duplicate the application with another? You would have to be very careful not to have both of them active at the same time, and there is the chance that one would declare the definitions of the other to be viruses on your hard drive.
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 georgia

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 567 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 10:01 AM

I am not planning on having 2 A/V programs on the same Toshiba notebook. I am looking at an alternate program that I am going to try on my new Toshiba notebook that I have at home. Simply b/c I know that NAV is a resource hog and I wanted to try something as good if not better that does not require the resources.
i don't need caution as to using 2 A/V proggys as there would only be ONE installed on each of my notebooks.

As far as Free antivirus proggys or shareware, I simply have never been one to use them. I shouldn't say that i did several years ago and had a bad experience with the product and so I prefer since i have the money to check reviews, google and ask in forums for comments like I am here on Bit Defender 9 Purchase version.
I am still looking for other comments, thankyou.

Edited by georgia, 10 April 2006 - 10:04 AM.

Talent is a flame. Genius is a fire.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users