Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

power state failure

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 nitish.aero

nitish.aero

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 AM

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:53 AM

I have three problem which are not frequent but keeps annoying me now & then…..

1.      If  I keep my Lenovo S405 (windows 8) idle for some time. My display goes black & it stops responding. With no other option left I have to forcefully push down to power button to shut down.

2.      Sometimes when I restart my laptop it takes lot of time & after that a blue screen flashed on my screen having written on it

“ YOUR PC HAS RAN INTO A PROBLEM & NEEDS TO RESTART. WE ARE JUSTCOLLECTING SOME ERROR INFO, & THEN YOU CAN RESTART.(100% COMPLETE). IF YOU WANT TO KNOW MORE SEARCH ONLINE LATER :DRIVER_POWER STATE_FAILURE.”

With no option left again I have to push the power button & shut down my pc.

3.      Sometimes my laptop takes a lot of time to shutdown. When I press the shutdown button my display goes black but my power & hard disk led light  doesn’t turn off.

Again I have to push the power button & shut down my pc.

I have searched a lot of  answer but none are satisfactory .Please help me with these problem for which I will remain thankful.

I have made no changes in my laptop but I have installed a lot of software cant say which one is causing problem. Please guide me treaing my computer skills as intermediate.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 AM

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:51 AM

Hi

DRIVER_POWER STATE_FAILURE is a common BSOD and it is really hard to say what is causing it without collecting and analyzing some basic info about your system. 

As this error is very common by faulty drivers please uninstall the following items from 'Control Panel" and update to the latest drivers available in Lenovo site.

a ) Display

b ) Chipset

c ) LAN and WLAN

d ) Lenovo Energy management software 

c ) Antivirus Software (Necessary as this can be caused by kernel mode  driver installed by AV programs ). Download latest setup from the respective  site.

Download the latest drivers and Antivirus setup to a local folder in your Laptop. Now uninstall in the following order - Energy management software,LAN, WLAN , display , chipset and then AV. If any of them asks for restarting please do so. Re install them in the reverse order. That is chipset first and energy management last. Install AV after drivers finishes. 

Please post how your system works after updating those. If the issue still remains we need to analyze your crash dump files for further steps. Also you will be required to run some info gathering tools.

Edited by Anshad Edavana, 04 May 2013 - 12:04 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users