Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 sweetonesissy

sweetonesissy

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 AM

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:50 AM

I'm having issues w/ my netbook.  When booting normally I get the BSOD and it says Bad Pool Header.  In safe mode that doesnt happen but I can get on the internet for help...  So I'm posting this here for help.  I havent made any changes lately so I'm not sure how to fix this???

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:24 PM

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:30 AM

Hi

BSOD can be caused by a variety of reason and it may take sometime to find the faulty Hardware or Software component which caused it. Please do the following instructions exactly to collect some basic info about your system.

1 ) Boot the system to safemode and look in the folder "C:\Windows\minidump" for any .dmp files. If there are any copy them all to a temporary folder and zip it. Upload the zip file to any free file hosting site like 'Mediafire' and post the download link to it.

If you can't see any dump files in that folder, configure your system to write crash dumps by following the below instructions.

Go to Start and type in "sysdm.cpl" (without the quotes) and press Enter (or right click on the 'Computer' icon and select properties)

Click on the Advanced tab
Click on the Startup and Recovery Settings button
Ensure that "Automatically restart" is unchecked
Under the Write Debugging Information header select "Small memory dump (64 kB)" in the dropdown box
Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as "%systemroot%\Minidump" (without the quotes)
Click OK twice to exit the dialogs, then reboot for the changes to take effect.

2 ) Publish a snapshot of your system using Speccy. 

This requires internet connection so boot in to 'Safe mode with networking' and follow the instructions.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/323892/publish-a-snapshot-using-speccy/

Just copy and paste the web link provided by Speccy (not the output it displays)

3 )   Minitoolbox:

Please download MiniToolBox, http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/minitoolbox/ Save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following boxes:

•List last 10 Event Viewer log
•List Installed Programs
•List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
•List Minidump Files

Click Go and copy / paste the result (Result.txt).

If you can remeber any recent software or hardware change please mention it. Also post the make , model and service tag of your netbook.

Edited by Anshad Edavana, 04 May 2013 - 11:33 AM.

#3 sweetonesissy

sweetonesissy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:11 PM

Even in safe mode w/networking it will not connect to the internet as that was my first step I tried...  Am I sol if I cant get on the internet?

my netbook is an acer aspire one d270

#4 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:25 PM

Hi

You can svae the Speccy info and use another computer to upload it. Please upload the speccy data, Minitoolbox result and the collected dumps together using another system to 'Mediafire' and post the download link.

http://www.mediafire.com/

https://www.box.com/

#5 sweetonesissy

sweetonesissy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:12 PM

http://www.mediafire.com/?mrs1rkrua4hxsg5

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?1o66n25tzgptvcv

speccy is not working right - it says cpu dll iniy failed error 2 some information will not be displayed and then quits

I am having a heck of a time - my desktop is old has one usb port so I have to crawl under my desk to unplug my wifi antenna to plug is usb zip drive and then reverse to i can upload/download/connect to the interent ugg!- this horrible.

#6 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:23 PM

Hi

By analyzing the dumps you posted it is hard to detect the root cause of this issue. Out of the 4 crash dumps 2 indicates " 0x00000101" bug check code (CPU deadlock) and other two shows " 0x00000019" ( Usually HDD). According to MS knowledge base typical reasonsfor 0x101 are below.

a ) BIOS bug
b ) a driver whose activity is causing the target processor to lock up
c ) a hardware defect 

Perform the following troubleshooting steps one by one.

Boot in to safe mode and uninstall all drivers (Graphics ,Chipset , Audio , LAN , WLAN ,card reader etc ). Some of the important one are below.

Acer Crystal Eye Webcam
Acer ePower Management
Intel® Control Center
Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver
Intel® Rapid Storage Technology
Launch Manager
Realtek Ethernet Controller Driver
Realtek High Definition Audio Driver
Realtek PCIE Card Reader
Synaptics Pointing Device Driver

Uninstall theme one at a time and restart to see if the system boot normal. If not enter safe mode again and proceed to uninstall the next one. If the system still not booting even after removing all drivers please do a system restore to a date prior to the date the issues started (for example 2 weeks earlier). Here is a guide on how to perform system restore :

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/700-system-restore.html

If the above steps can't solve the issue we may start to verify the integrity of the hardware components. Please post the results after completing above steps.

Edited by Anshad Edavana, 04 May 2013 - 02:23 PM.

#7 sweetonesissy

sweetonesissy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2013 - 01:50 PM

Can you help w/ how to uninstall?  I have tried a few times but it acts like its going to delete the whole program and since these are new i dont want to delete like my webcam etc

#8 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2013 - 01:59 PM

Hi

All those programs are available to download from Acer site. You won't loose any of these. We are just temporarily uninstall them to find the faulty one. After we are getting back to the normal desktop, either use the driver CD came with the laptop or the drivers downloaded from Acer site.

Here is the correct order in which you should uninstall the drivers. Like i said earlier, uninstall only one at a time.

Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver

Intel® Rapid Storage Technology

Realtek Ethernet Controller Driver

Realtek High Definition Audio Driver

Realtek PCIE Card Reader

Synaptics Pointing Device Driver

Intel® Control Center

Acer ePower Management

Acer Crystal Eye Webcam

Launch Manager

#9 sweetonesissy

sweetonesissy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2013 - 02:01 PM

How do I get the right place to uninstall?

#10 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2013 - 02:20 PM

Hi

To uninstall or change a program
  1. Open Programs and Features by clicking the Start button 4f6cbd09-148c-4dd8-b1f2-48f232a2fd33_818, clicking Control Panel, clicking Programs, and then clickingPrograms and Features.

2. Select a program, and then click Uninstall

OR

Step 1

Press this combination of keys to bring Run dialog box (Windows Key + R)

Key-Shortcuts.jpg

Step 2
Type appwiz.cpl into the Run dialog box and Click OK

Run.jpg

#11 sweetonesissy

sweetonesissy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2013 - 03:25 PM

I hate to be a pain in a the arse but... I am deleteing the whole program not just the driver?

#12 sweetonesissy

sweetonesissy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2013 - 06:59 PM

I have uninstalled everything except the webcam which it wouldnt allow.  Still same problems...

#13 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2013 - 11:55 PM

Hi

Try the below steps.

1 ) Perform a clean boot.

Follow this instructions from safe mode to boot the system in a clean state.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/179159-troubleshoot-application-conflicts-performing-clean-startup.html

2 ) If the issue still remains in clean boot, chances are great that your RAM might be faulty. If you have more than one RAM stick, try plugging only one RAM at a time. Refer this video to know how to access the RAM slot in your netbook (ignore the HDD replacement part )

Edited by Anshad Edavana, 12 May 2013 - 12:17 AM.

#14 sweetonesissy

sweetonesissy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:55 AM

Wow this is a complete nightmare!  I cant even listen to the video you posted because I think I deleted something audio related per your instructions? I dont think I want to be taking my netbook apart, I shouldnt be having these kinds of issues its only a couple of months old...  I'll try the clean boot since I can hear the video at all

#15 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 PM

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:17 AM

Just to add :

Download SecurityCheck.exe from Here

. Run SecurityCheck and follow the instruction from inside the code box.
. When the scan is finished, a notepad will automatically open as check.txt
   Please copy and paste the contents here on your next reply.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users