Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't access Linksys Router WRT160

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Bubble10

Bubble10

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:33 PM

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:22 PM

Hi all,

I tried to access my Linksys Router WRT 160 and it won't let me. I tried with my Username and password and even with the password it was set up with from the factory.
Is there any other way to access it, besides pushing the reset button? I have sites blocked through the router and I don't remember what they were, so I would hate to loose that.
Any advise is appreciated.

Sorry wrong Forum, was supposed to go to the External Hardware Forum. Could someone please move it to the right forum? Thanks

Mod Edit: Moved as requested.

Edited by Platypus, 03 May 2013 - 09:03 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Bubble10

Bubble10
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:02 AM

Just looked at the IP of the router and it said:

IPv4: 192.168.1.102
and the Default IP: 192.168.1.1
I haven't changed anything on it and I don't know why it won't let me signin to the Set-up page or however you want to call it, to change settings on it

#3 jonstonx64

jonstonx64

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:33 PM

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:49 AM

I don't believe there is another way of accessing the page without resetting it to factory default settings. A password must've been changed. Does anyone else have access to your router?

#4 Bubble10

Bubble10
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:32 PM

No, only me. I hid the password from everyone and nothing got changed.

#5 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,924 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 AM

Posted 11 May 2013 - 04:59 PM

Hi,

You quote two IP addresses both of which are within the range for domestic wi-fi equipment. Type them - one at a time - into the address bar on yur browser and see if one of them comes up with a box saying 'A user-name and password are required'.

If one of them does, since you say you changed nothing, try putting in 'Admin' or 'admin' for the user name. For the password, the most common  manufacturer defaults are either 'Admin' ( spelt exactly as you put it in for the user name ) or 'Password', 'password' or 'PASSWORD' !  I kid you not.

If none of these work, and you cannot remember what you used, then, as jonstonx64 said, you are going to have no option but to hit that little black button and reset the router.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users