Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Explorer Search and Windows Media Player Stopped Working

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kalmly

kalmly

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 PM

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:13 PM

Yesterday I discovered that Windows Media Player wouldn't open. I double clicked on an MP3 I'd just downloaded and Media Player didn't start. I tried using a launcher to open it. When that didn't work, I searched the .exe file out in Explorer and tried to open it from there, but no go.

Today I wanted to run a search to make sure a backup operation had worked correctly. When I clicked the Search Button I got a blank Search Companion the color of my desktop. 

Usually, I use another player to listen to music, even though WMP is my default player. And usually, I use Search GT instead of Windows Search when I'm looking for a file. So - I don't know  exactly when the applications quit. I am wondering if it has anything to do with Windows latest update. However, I don't see anyone else posting about this problem.

My system, XP SP3 Home, is fully patched. I ran a virus scan and got nothing. Event viewer doesn't show any errors. Very odd. Computer is running fine, no problems except for this.

Suggestions would be welcome.

Thank you,

kalmly

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kalmly

kalmly
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:18 PM

Never mind. I fixed it.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,299 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:15 PM

Thanks for letting us know, happy computing :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users