Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Transfering Data from One HD to a new laptop.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Hamida01

Hamida01

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:02 PM

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:25 PM

Currently I have a Toshiba Satellite A215 which wont get out of the Resume Windows loader because I cant use the Enter button or up and down arrows. The Toshiba has a  250 GB Fujitsu 4200RPM (MHX2250BT) HD in it. Which the computer store that I went to told me it was a 215 dollar fix which is what the computer was worth like 6 years ago... Im Currently looking at getting a

Gateway Black 15.6" NE Series NE56R41u. Which comes with a 500GB SATA hard drive.

My Question is what would be the easiest way to transfer my files from the 250 GB HD to the 500 GB HD?

Thanks,

Hamida01

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 chrisd87

chrisd87

• Members
  • 811 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:02 PM

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:53 PM

The best bet would be to use one of these.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812196712

Edited by chrisd87, 03 May 2013 - 07:54 PM.

"Like car accidents, most hardware problems are due to driver ɹoɹɹǝ."

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,741 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:02 PM

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:57 PM

Above response assumes that you are referring to data files only.

You will not be able to transfer either your installed programs...these items will need to be installed anew.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users