Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

FBI Virus removed succesfully but i have some questions?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JK Smith

JK Smith

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 AM

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:03 AM

Hi,

Yesterday my laptop was attacked by the FBI virus, with some help from my brother from Belgium and the how-to page http://www.malwareremovalguides.info/remove-fbi-virus-using-hitmanpro-kickstart-instructions/ we removed the FBI virus.

Now I have some questions about my security software because McAfee was not able to block and prevent my system.
Which software is most powerfull to protect my system? I heard about Emsisoft that they are very good but also Malwarebytes has a good reputation.

What is the best I can do, or is McAfee enough and was this virus a coincidence?

J Smith

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_Francis Houle_*

Guest_Francis Houle_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:43 AM

Please do the following :

§  Update Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome

§  Update Java

§  Update Adobe Flash, Shockwave, Air and Reader

§  Update Windows

NOTE 2. You must have only ONE antivirus on the computer. I recommend a paid antivirus like Norton 360, Kaspersky Pure or Malwarebytes Pro or a free antivirus like Avast, AVG or Microsoft Security Essentials

P.S. I am working as a Geeksquad Tech. and McAfee is one of the worst antivirus at the moment.

#3 BEEWISE_NLIFE

BEEWISE_NLIFE

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:40 PM

It's not so much about which antivirus is the strongest, it's about keeping your antivirus updated! I would also recommend using a real time antimalware program along with the antivirus. I use Malwarebytes pro paid version along with my antivirus and haven't had any major scares. I'm satisfied with my clean pc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users