Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"No wireless networks found in range"- HP Mini110-1000 XP unable to find ANY wir

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bluedevilette

bluedevilette

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:31 PM

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:07 PM

Hi! I am running Windows XP on a Mini 110-1000. A while back my mini just stopped recognizing ANY wireless networks. Since then occasionally on start up it will recognize a network long enough for me to input the credentials and connect, but then it goes away within a few minutes, and now I've been trying to troubleshoot for a while and can't get it to work at all... It is not a 'networking' issue per se I don't think since multiple other devices recognize the wireless networks just fine.  I searched the allmighty google and did the following:

- tried to "repair" the wireless connection by right-clicking the wireless icon and hitting "repair"-- useless.

- downloaded the device driver for the network adapters (Broadcom 802.1b/g WLAN) through another computer and loaded it onto the mini

- uninstalled the device driver for the Broadcom adapter and let it re-recognize/re-load

- and yes, the wireless switch is in the 'on' position and I tried to toggle it to see if that would work, and nada.

Computer seems to be working fine otherwise and I can connect to the internet fine if I attach the LAN cord directly.

Please help!! thanks!

(also I have posted this on a couple other pc support forums and promise to post here if my problem is solved elsewhere) 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 chrisd87

chrisd87

• Members
  • 811 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 PM

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:21 PM

It's almost like your wireless radio inside of your mini is going bad. Do you have a usb dongle that you can try to diagnose it with, and see if that is the issue?

Edited by chrisd87, 02 May 2013 - 12:22 PM.

"Like car accidents, most hardware problems are due to driver ɹoɹɹǝ."

#3 bluedevilette

bluedevilette
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:31 PM

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:36 PM

<p>thanks for the reply-- I do have a usb but how would I go about diagnosing if the radio is going bad using that?&nbsp; thanks!</p>
<p>(edit- wait, do you mean a wireless USB adapter for WIFI like this: <a href="http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Asus---IEEE-802.11n-USB---Wi-Fi-Adapter/2432682.p;tab=reviews?id=1218327395624&amp;skuId=2432682#tab=overview">http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Asus---IEEE-802.11n-USB---Wi-Fi-Adapter/2432682.p;tab=reviews?id=1218327395624&amp;skuId=2432682#tab=overview</a>??)</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>

Edited by bluedevilette, 02 May 2013 - 03:13 PM.

#4 chrisd87

chrisd87

• Members
  • 811 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 PM

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:16 PM

There are different kinds of usb dongles. Some are short, some that are longer, some that even have antennas that are attached to them. But usb dongles, and wifi adapters are the same thing. If your wireless works while you use one those, then you can pretty much tell if it's your computer or not.

"Like car accidents, most hardware problems are due to driver ɹoɹɹǝ."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users