Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"AcroRD32.exe - unable to locate component" can you help?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 berbes

berbes

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 PM

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:54 AM

Mod Edit: moved to External Hardware from XP ~~ boopme             

I have a question from a client using XP, and I am having problems fixing him up.  Here's his email:

When I go to print sometimes, I get the following message:

AcroRD32.exe - unable to locate component This application has failed to start because DLBCGF.DLL was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

i initially figure it was a reader driver problem, so had him uninstall and re-install reader, but then I got this message from him:

I did the procedure and it happened again.

You see, this document or file as you will is on a cd-rom. When I load the cd into the pc, there's no error messages when I go to print any of its pages. It's that I saved the information on the cd onto the pc and made a shortcut on the desktop. Then I get that error message when I try to print any of its contents. I know I should just print directly from the cd but shouldn't I be able to print from the shortcut I created without an error message? It just bugs me that there's a difference. Anyway, any thoughts you might have will be appreciated.

i'd appreciate any more ideas!

berbes

Edited by boopme, 02 May 2013 - 11:09 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,902 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:21 PM

FWIW:  If the file is on a hard drive and you cannot print from that...while you can print from the file on CD...that would say to me that the file on the hard drive is probably corrupt, especially considering that the program has no difficulty reading the CD.

Louis

#3 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:38 AM

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:26 PM

Hi

The 'DLBCGF.DLL' is a part of Dell printer driver. Uninstall the printer driver completely and install the latest driver downloaded from Dell site.

#4 berbes

berbes
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:02 PM

passing your sage advice along now.  thanks!  i figured drivers or perhaps he was just putting a shortcut on his deaktop as opposed to the actual file.  i'll let you know.

#5 berbes

berbes
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:36 PM

It WAS the dell driver!  I was hoping it wasn't the hard drive, as that is what I just installed for the client :).  Thanks again, Gents!

Edited by berbes, 05 May 2013 - 04:37 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users