Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Shortcut icon lower left corner

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Chemio

Chemio

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 AM

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:55 PM

well, recently i got the alienGUIse thingy because i liked the themes, so i hated the windows 7 theme therefore i went ahead and used the vista theme, that didnt work out too well and since i didnt know how to reset the "theme" to default, i clicked an option to resort to a vista looking theme, which looked pretty similar to windows 7. then, i attempted to remove Stardock and the rest of all that by going into program files and clicking on Uninstall.exe. it later popped up saying it wasint installed right, i just closed that seeing as how a bunch of stuff was deleted. i restarted and deleted the file off of programfiles and i immediately saw that all my shortcuts on desktop had the Installed_programs icon on the lower left hand corner. i later went to deocuments and i saw that there were a bunch od desktop.ini files everywhere, inwhich i proceeded to delete them but curious me, i read one and it headead towards shell32.dll and imageres(32?).dll, in those dll's i found that some of the alienware theme icons were located there, and soon i started seeing folders with those icons. Later, i went to regedit and deleted all the files i found that had stardock and i went to starup repair and nothing changed. oh and some files have the admin needed shield for no reason also.

please, help me.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Cyrus not the Virus

Cyrus not the Virus

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:18 AM

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:36 AM

Hi!

I don't think I be able to help you in this problem. But I learned from my own experience, this forum and other forums that creating a system restore point manually is a good way  to restore things when we experiment something new unless the volume Shadow Copy or system restore point(s) being deleted.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,384 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:18 AM

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:08 AM

Your fiddling around...has probably resulted in key files being damaged, IMO.

I would try running the chkdsk /r command.

After that completes its work, I would defrag the Windows partition.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users