Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Password Reset

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 TechDeck22

TechDeck22

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 PM

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:33 PM

I have this computer it is a HP Mini, kinda like a netbook, and I am unable to login because I have forgotten the password. Is there any free software that can be put on a flash-drive so as to reset it.

TechDeck22

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_Francis Houle_*

Guest_Francis Houle_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:25 PM

http://www.howtogeek.com/96630/how-to-reset-your-forgotten-windows-password-the-easy-way/

#3 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,191 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:47 PM

Once you've done that, it's a good idea to create a password backup disk. Once you can log back on, go to Control Panel>User Accounts, and click on the "Create a password reset disk" on the left. You can create it on a CD or a USB. More details here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Create-a-password-reset-disk .

If you're prone to forgetting logon passwords, this is another, easier way to recover a lost log on password. Be sure to keep the CD/USB in a safe but not obvious place, preferably under lock and key.

Edited by sflatechguy, 02 May 2013 - 10:50 PM.

#4 AdagioBoognish

AdagioBoognish

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 PM

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:26 PM

This weeks assignment in my CIS class was exactly this. Francis and sflatechguy's advice is spot on.

#5 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:42 PM

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:19 PM

This article describes the Microsoft policy about missing, lost, forgotten, or incorrect passwords...Microsoft support engineers cannot help you retrieve passwords of files and features in Microsoft products that are lost or forgotten.

Microsoft policy about lost or forgotten passwords

However, you may refer to these Microsoft articles.

Forgotten Password Instructions provided by Microsoft for Windows 7 and Vista:Non-Microsoft Forgotten Password Articles for Windows 7:
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users