Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Where do I begin, the fatal crashes?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 andrewe_66

andrewe_66

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 PM

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:01 PM

Yes I get the blue screen, and with the usual error messages. They do not seem to mean much. I guess this all started with the stepson he has a terrible history with computers kills them on a regular basis. I have no idea where he goes on the net but of course he says I only use Youtube etc. Anyway I can get the machine stable now and then by fixing the registry. It will run for 3 days without a problem, then he gets on it and bang.

My system is home built, I have and I5, Asus P7H55-M pro MB, 8 Gigs of ram, which I have tested and is perfectly ok. The machine works fine in safe mode and never crashes. When I reboot the system and Windows 7 starts up I sometimes get a little box pop up with Rundll32 and some extensions on that. The latest has WoW attached. Which seems very odd and maybe a root cause. I am considering getting a new hard disk with a fresh install just to see if that works. Any other ideas. I like my music and in safe mode just cant play anything.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 AM

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:24 AM

Hi andrewe_66

BSOD can be a result of either software or hardware failure. We need to collect some data about your system before beginning any troubleshooting steps. Follow the instructions blow.

1) Post a snapdhot using Speccy . Read the below guide and post the web link given by Speccy in next reply.

2) Upload the crash dump files located in 'Windows\Mindump' folder. To do this disable User Account Control' (UAC) first and copy any files ending with a .dmp extension inside "C:\Windows\Minidump" folder to a temporary folder. Zip the folder and upload it to any free file hosting sites like 'Mediafire'. Post the download link to it in next reply.

3)  Minitoolbox:

Please download MiniToolBox, http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/minitoolbox/ Save it to your desktop and run it.
Close any Firefox browsers you may have open

Checkmark only the following boxes:

•List last 10 Event Viewer log
•List Installed Programs
•List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
•List Minidump Files

Click Go and copy / paste the result (Result.txt)

Also i like to know what do you exactly mean by 'fixing registry' ? . What you are usually doing when this happens ?

#3 andrewe_66

andrewe_66
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 PM

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:51 PM

Thanks for the reply and sorry about the delay in getting back. I will start on these tasks and post the results

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users