Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need to upgrade my wireless network adapter.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mcwierdo

Mcwierdo

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 PM

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:06 PM

First, I must thank you for previously helping me build my awesome gaming PC. For the first time in my life I can play my games at the highest graphical settings.

I totally forgot to thank you back then, so I'm doing it now.

Anyway, I need to upgrade my wireless network adapter, because I suspect that it is not working 100%. It's no big deal, they don't cost much, but it's frustrating to get disconnected when I'm chopping filthy peasant to bits with my Zweihander.

So, my question is, can you tell me about any wireless network adapters that are known for being reliable and won't ever drop connection? Edit: I would prefer a non-USB adapter.

Here's a lengthier description, so you won't have to ask in case you want to know more:

Spoiler

I very much appreciate any help you can give me.

Edited by Mcwierdo, 01 May 2013 - 01:15 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 GreenGiant117

GreenGiant117

• Members
  • 294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:42 PM

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:20 PM

I dont know what you have now, but for 4 years I used one of these it worked great after I got a replacement, for some reason the first one I got came up as a broadcom generic wireless N card, it still worked but it was finicky, replaced it and it worked great, the only reasons Im not using anymore is because my computer doesnt have a slot for it and I'm able to hardline in (hardline > wireless anyday)

if you have the space for it in the computer I would say get an actual PCI card one, that way you dont have to worry about using a USB slot, and all that. I have heard good things about Belkin, Netgear and Cisco/Linksys so I would look at those (of course the top 3 names in networking haha)

#3 Mcwierdo

Mcwierdo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 PM

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:10 PM

I dont know what you have now, but for 4 years I used one of these it worked great after I got a replacement, for some reason the first one I got came up as a broadcom generic wireless N card, it still worked but it was finicky, replaced it and it worked great, the only reasons Im not using anymore is because my computer doesnt have a slot for it and I'm able to hardline in (hardline > wireless anyday)

if you have the space for it in the computer I would say get an actual PCI card one, that way you dont have to worry about using a USB slot, and all that. I have heard good things about Belkin, Netgear and Cisco/Linksys so I would look at those (of course the top 3 names in networking haha)

Sorry, I didn't think about mentioning what adapter I have. I'm gonna update my post with some more info.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users