Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot Install Program

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ikie

ikie

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 AM

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:00 PM

Split from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/493160/new-internal-hard-drives-causing-problems/#entry3038958 - Hamluis.

I have windows 7 and am trying to install NikonView NX2 software which will allow me to download pictrues taken with Nikon Coolpix L610 camera.  I follow all the instructions given by Nikon Customer Service, but when I agree to license, etc., and press "Install" or "Downoload" (64 bit) it asks, "Save this file?"  When I do that, it just quits altogether.  I have done this a dozen times, same result.

Do I need to disable Malwarebytes or AVG to accomplish "Install?"

Thank you very much for any help yoiu may be in this situation.  IKIE   

Mod Edit:  Removed email address, protection from spambots - Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 01 May 2013 - 11:36 AM.
PM sent new OP - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 stoneyc

stoneyc

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:03 PM

maybe if not try right clicking file go to properties find where it says run in xp compatibility mode should work then

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,560 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 AM

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:45 PM

FWIW:  You do not need to install that software to offload graphics to your computer.  You can just use the Windows Camera/scanner Wizard to do that.  If you want to use other features of that software...then you should install it.

I have 2 Nikon cameras and I've never installed the software, just using the Windows features for putting graphics on my hard drives.  I have a couple of other programs already installed that I use to edit graphics files, if I so desire.

Try the download from http://www.nikon.com/news/2010/0817_viewnx2_03.htm .  If you have 32-bit Win 7 installed, download the 32-bit version:  if you have 64-bit Win 7 installed, download the 64-bit version.

Louis

Edit:  I just downloaded/installed the 32-bit version on my XP install, using IE8...with no problems at all.

Edited by hamluis, 01 May 2013 - 12:55 PM.

#4 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:51 PM

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:54 PM

Hi

Which browser you are using to download ?. If it is internet explorer try Google Chrome or Firefox instead.

#5 ikie

ikie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:57 PM

05/05/013

Dear Louis and others,

Thank you for yoiur help in resolving the installation of Nikon download software problem.  As noted, it would not download or istall.

After following your advice to get around this without Nikon, it produced the correct results, 100%.  As an added bonus, I also got an icon on the laptop with a shortcut to do this instantly; purely by accident, because I am not smart enough to do this.  I can't thank you folks enough for doling this for me, especially considering that Nikon worked on it for 10 days with absolutely no results at all.

Thanks again.

Dwight Walker

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,560 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 AM

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:58 AM

Thanks for the kind words, glad you have it worked out.

Happy computing :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users