Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

network error, can't use any browsers but skype works??

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 onesweetypie

onesweetypie

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:44 AM

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:20 AM

Hi everyone,

I keep getting a network error. I'm not sure if it has to do with Kaspersky application launch, I keep receiving a pop that asks it send a failure report. I will take a screenshot when I can next. I can never send the failure report.

I can't use any of my browsers when I get the network error but I can skype? But when I am skyping, it's a computer within my house? I haven't tried skyping outside of my house as a test yet.

Is there a thread somewhere with a list of things I could do to speed up my computer and programs I could if it could be a virus or spyware? I tried to search and look around for about 30 mins now. edit I think I found it!

Another edit awhile back I got an email from comcast. I tried to fix it and it seems like I did because I haven't gotten an email from them again.

"Constant Guard from XFINITY identified one or more of your computers may be infected with a bot. A bot is a malicious form of software that is used to send spam, host a phishing site, or steal your identity by monitoring your keystrokes without your knowledge. It may be possible you are unaware that your computer is infected with a bot."

The email tells me to go to this link: https://constantguard.comcast.net/?CMP=EMC-Email1&utm_source=Notification&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=Email1

Any help would be greatly appreciated and thank you for your time!

Edited by onesweetypie, 01 May 2013 - 11:30 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 AM

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:32 PM

Is that email from almost a year ago...? Concerning the DNS Changer malware..?

If it is and you didn't completely remove the malware, then I suggest you follow the instructions 

here: Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help - Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users