Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

dll file error after removing virus

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mo11211

mo11211

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:15 AM

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:36 PM

Yesterday I got the fbi moneypack virus. I removed it with malwarebytes in safe mode after running the full scan twice. The virus seems to be gone but when I restart the computer a pop up shows a dll error.

I attached a screenshot of the error message.

My comp seems to be running ok, but I want to resolve the issue before it starts causing problems.

Thank you for any advice. I appreciate it.

Attached Files

Edited by hamluis, 01 May 2013 - 11:28 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mo11211

mo11211
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:41 PM

malwarebytes log

Database version: v2013.04.29.09

Windows 7 Service Pack 1 x64 NTFS (Safe Mode/Networking)
Internet Explorer 9.0.8112.16421
Mo :: MO-PC [limited]

4/29/2013 8:51:32 PM
mbam-log-2013-04-29 (20-51-32).txt

Scan type: Full scan (C:\|D:\|F:\|)
Scan options enabled: Memory | Startup | Registry | File System | Heuristics/Extra | Heuristics/Shuriken | PUP | PUM
Scan options disabled: P2P
Objects scanned: 348791
Time elapsed: 32 minute(s), 16 second(s)

Memory Processes Detected: 0
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Detected: 0

Registry Keys Detected: 0

Registry Values Detected: 1
HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run|ctfmon.exe (Trojan.Agent.Gen) -> Data: C:\PROGRA~3\rundll32.exe C:\PROGRA~3\4je4d.dat,FG00 -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Data Items Detected: 0

Folders Detected: 0

Files Detected: 4
C:\ProgramData\4je4d.dat (Trojan.FakeMS) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\ProgramData\6z7li.dat (Trojan.FakeMS) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Users\Mo\AppData\Local\Temp\AeQXggM.exe (Trojan.FakeMS) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\ProgramData\rundll32.exe (Trojan.Agent.Gen) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

(end)

#3 AdrianHenry

AdrianHenry

• Banned Spammer
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 PM

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:33 AM

Open Windows Defender by clicking the Start button, All Programs, and then clicking Windows Defender. If you don't see it in the Programs List, you can access and start it using the Control Panel.
Start Windows Defender and Click Tools, and then click Options.
Scroll down to the bottom. Under Administrator options, UNcheck the Use Windows Defender check box, and then click Save.

#4 mo11211

mo11211
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:21 AM

I went to windows defender, a pop up said it was turned off. Should I turn it back on to try what you wrote.

Attached Files

• Attached File  def.PNG   180.64KB   2 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users