Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mpeg-4 Audio File Help.....

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 smashbackz

smashbackz

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 PM

Posted 09 April 2006 - 12:12 PM

Hey, what up board. I'm having a problem with some audio files. Most of the music on my computer is saved to RealPlayer and they mostly only play through RealPlayer. I checked to see what kind of files they were and the majority of the audio files I have are MPEG-4 type files. I need to learn how I can convert these files or somehow change the file type from MPEG-4 to MP3 or some other widely supported file type. I can't stream the MPEG-4 files from my computer to my X-Box 360 and I can't load the files on my music production programs like Adobe Audtion and FL Studio 6. I would really appreciate the help if anyone has some advise or suggestions. Do I need a certain program in order to convert those audio files? Somebody pleeeeese help me out.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 PM

Posted 09 April 2006 - 12:53 PM

To convert the file type yes you will need a program to convert them... thou audio is not my strong suit I am sure there will be other members that will have suggestions for the program.

You can often find some free opensource programs on the internet.

#3 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 PM

Posted 09 April 2006 - 06:10 PM

I don't convert them at all.
I simply use Nero's "burn audio cd" function. After they're burnt to disk, they're in the standard cda format, no conversion software needed. I could rip them to mp3 from there but I'm not big on mp3 audio.
If you can record any audio coming through your sound card you can use VLC media player (it's free) to play the mpeg4's themselves and simply record as VLC plays. I use OpCommD2D for direct recording of audio but Audacity, another freebie, is popular as well.

Edited by HitSquad, 09 April 2006 - 06:15 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users