Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

AVG detected trojans this morning

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 philben

philben

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:10 PM

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:20 PM

AVG detected trojans this morning and told me to save free disc for removal. I uploaded a disc and then shut off the computer and went to work. Now Windows gives a blue screen with "windows has detected a problem and has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer."

I have tried safe mode but I go back to a blue screen. Where do I go from here? I am using my laptop to post this.

Edited by hamluis, 01 May 2013 - 07:00 AM.
Moved from XP to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 philben

philben
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:31 PM

to clarify, I have Windows XP. The blue screen when I start up says that Windows has shut down...then goes on to says check for viruses, remove any newly installed hardware. Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured...Then it says run CHKDSK/F and then restart.

There is technical info that says **stop: 0x0000007B (0xBA4C3524,0x00000034,0x0000000000,0x000000000)

How would I run CHKDSK/F? Or is that what I should do since AVG found trojans this morning?

Edited by philben, 30 April 2013 - 07:44 PM.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,398 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 PM

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:58 AM

System manufacturer and model?

Do you have XP install disks?

Louis

#4 Social Jeevi

Social Jeevi

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 AM

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:51 AM

I remember seeing this error code due to a hardware failure. I believe it is with the Harddisk.

:step1:

Try to follow these steps if you can boot to the normal mode or safe mode

Please allow the disc scan at startup to complete if you get any. After coming upto the Operating system you can Go to Start Menu > Run Type "cmd" in the open window

You should get a black window where you can type "chkdsk /f /r". It will prompt you to type Y/N for 2 times. Go ahead and put in Y for bot the prompts and close the black window. This could fix the issues on your hard disk(Minor issues)

Reboot your computer and check if the issue is fixed

:step2:

If you cannot go to the operating system

Try to go to safe mode with command prompt and try putting in the same command (chkdsk /f /r) and follow the same steps.

Hope this will help.   :rolleyes:

Regards

Social Jeevi

Follow me on twitter: @socialjeevi

#5 philben

philben
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:22 PM

Hi and thank you,

This is a  an older Dell DCNE desk top and has been a good computer. And unfortunately have no install disk

The AVG blocked the 4 or 5 Trojan viruses I thought but I down loaded the disks from AVG and then shut off the computer instead of running them. 

When I started the computer I got the blue screen and cannot get around it.

Philben.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users