Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Getting HUAMX is compressed message

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 castillocm

castillocm

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 AM

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:03 PM

I am trying to get a Dell 4700 to boot after the hard drive was compressed.  It is running Windows Vista Home Basic, and now when booting, a message appears stating HUAMX is compressed. press CTRL + ALT + DELETE to restart.  Pressing CTRL + ALT + DELETE just starts a continuous loop of this message.  Does anyone know what HUAMX is or references?  (Please note:  the word  is HUAMX, NOT HUMAX).  I do not have the Vista install disk so I am also trying to find a way to uncompress the disk if this is what is causing the error.  Any help would be much appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,757 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 AM

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:33 AM

Can you boot into Safe Mode?

To boot into Safe Mode start tapping the F8 key immediately after pressing the power button, this should open the Advanced Boot Options.

Use the up or down key to navigate to Safe Mode, then press enter.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 castillocm

castillocm
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:57 PM

Thank you so much for responding, but I have tried F8, and it does not take me to the Advanced Boot options.  I just get the message again.  I can only get into the F2 Setup Menu and F12 Boot options menu.  I was able to get to a DOS prompt using an old Win98 utilities CD my friend has, but it doesn't recognize the compact command to uncompress the hard drive.  Again, sure appreciate your response. 

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,757 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:58 AM

The only information I could find regarding Huamax is that it is either PVR (personal video recorder) or a HVR (home video recorder).

Look in the BIOS and make sure that your hdd is being recognized and that it is the first device in the boot order.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 castillocm

castillocm
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:44 AM

The HDD is the first device in the boot sequence, and you found more on huamx than I did.  I really appreciate you taking the time to respond.  I have thrown up my hands and ordered a Vista recovery disk to see what mess I can get myself into.  Thanks again and regards !!

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,757 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:08 PM

Let us know how it goes.

#7 castillocm

castillocm
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:11 PM

Will do !!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users